Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bio with pics of my ongoing, slow moving project.

1991 Crx Si:

When i 1st got it!
Purchased in '05 for $800.
I was told the car is originally from MD, it shows as the underbody is very clean. It had some dents and dings & already had a SOHC Zc swap in it. Very minor, only one real spot of rust is a small spot on passenger side rear wheel well. Ran strong with 179k on the chassis.




[Motor]:
-DOHC Zc w/non grinding Si trans
-Exedy clutch
-OEM Exhaust w/ tip
-Stainless generic header w/downpipe



[Interior]:
-Fairly stock, mint 90/91 Si seats
-DIY Amber gauge cluster
-OEM EP3(02-05 Si) red stitch shift knob
-OEM Driving light switch
-PWJDM red stitch shift boot
-96-00 Civic armrest
-Momo wheel
-OEM 92-95 Civic Coupe mats
-EDM chrome window cranks

Sounds:
-OEM Honda Cd player from 2000 S2K
-Alpine 6.5 two ways (Front)
-Rockford 6.5 two ways (Rear)



[Exterior]:
-VIS Carbon Fiber Zc "hump" hood
-Amber corner lights
-Amber bumper lights
-OEM Stanley Sidemarkers
-90/91 JDM/EDM tail lights
-clear aftermarket 90/91 style center tail garnish. Painted black w/"CR-X" logo from "stickershop"
- OEM antenna delete plate
-OEM splash gaurd set
-Si front lip



Suspension/Wheels:
-'96 Integra GSR/SE rims powdercoated black
-Stock springs/shocks
-Neuspeed Front upper strut bar
-Explicit speed solid rear upper strut bar
-Explicit speed lower rear tie bar



Sportin my old Hx Rims




[*Extras]:
-OEM Crx black floor mats
-88/89 EDM w/ rear fog light
-90/91 EDM w/rear fog light
-90/91 1.6i-16 (ZC) OEM clear corner lights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
Nice car, with plenty of "character" It's nice to see a crx in good, but used shape. I like the rear lip and black color matched with amber lights in the front end.

So you are planning on changing suspension? That's the next step for my car. I'm guessing you're going for a daily driver friendly setup, right?

I think I'm going to do the armrest mod. Did you have to cut the crx console behind the shifter? I'm wary of hacking my good condition piece. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ragnaarok said:
So you are planning on changing suspension? That's the next step for my car. I'm guessing you're going for a daily driver friendly setup, right?
Eventually, yes, just not sure of the setup i want. Not gonna be a track car, just trying to get it to be a decent looking, stock Crx with some "minor" upgrades, weekend cruiser.

Ragnaarok said:
I think I'm going to do the armrest mod. Did you have to cut the crx console behind the shifter? I'm wary of hacking my good condition piece. :?
Only thing you need to hack up is the armrest from the Civic. You won't need to touch the Crx shifter console.

Some pics here, which should be self explantory on how it should mate up to the Crx console.
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=5293&highlight=
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Definitely reminds me of working on my CRX, except you avoided the deer-mod that is pricey yet relatively easy to come by.

Keep up the good work and progress, good luck on figuring out suspension combo. I'm planning on saving the scratch for Illuminas / GCs or Koni/GCs one of these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
JustAnotherRex said:
Definitely reminds me of working on my CRX, except you avoided the deer-mod that is pricey yet relatively easy to come by.
You too? Glad to know I'm not the only one with a "deerkiller" (as one of my friends dubbed it after the incident in question).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
'9445 said:
You too? Glad to know I'm not the only one with a "deerkiller" (as one of my friends dubbed it after the incident in question).
Oh I didn't even kill the [screwdriver] which is what pissed me off so damn much, if I had atleast killed it I could have a deerskin dash and some good venicine to eat. Nope, it got up and ran away while I cursed. Had it stayed there I would have killed it, might as well get a $400 meal out of it right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its me DUB said:
I've told you before Baker, I love the rear lip. Do you have a how-to on this? Would be kinda neat.
I really need to get an armrest too.

Looking good man.
mithuth said:
There's a lot of love in that CRX, and that's what we should be all about.

I really like the armrest and rear lip, very nice touches.
Thanks for the comments guys.
It's a little rough around the edges, not perfect, but with time and work, it'll be a clean looking Crx. Nothing fast, no crazy K swap, just a simple,clean crusier.
As for the rear lip, it's pretty simple. I could do a small writeup on it.
I need to find another Integra lip since i had to slightly alter it to make it fit after i put the OEM mudgaurds on. Need another lip to take another shot at getting the contour more precise to accomadate the space thay the splash gaurds toake up.

90crxhf_w/ZC said:
id go tein suspension with tein upper pillow ball mounts, and koni yellows, that would be bad on a crx any body agree????? :D
I'm sure it is a good setup, but unitl i figure out what i can afford for suspension and how aggressive i want it, it will have to wait.
Right now, leaning towards Tein S-Techs or Nuespeed springs.
Simply am looking for slightly more aggressive look with decent perfromance from companies that make good products.
But like i said, suspension will have to take a back seat for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,844 Posts
S Techs are springs... Tein doesn't make an S Tech damper that I know of...

I'm not sure you want to go with Teins... they pretty much have stock rates, just drop the car 1.75". I have a set now awaiting install, but I have a feeling they will be replaced for something stiffer eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rex2nr said:
S Techs are springs... Tein doesn't make an S Tech damper that I know of...

I'm not sure you want to go with Teins... they pretty much have stock rates, just drop the car 1.75". I have a set now awaiting install, but I have a feeling they will be replaced for something stiffer eventually.
DOH!!, i wan't thinking.... need to edit that.
I was meaning Teins OR Neuspeed. I' m not sure what shocks i would go with though with either of those springs.
I had Neuspeed sports on my Integra, liked them and will prob go with another set of those. As for shocks, still undecided, but will deal with all that suspension stuff when i figure out how much i want to spend and how much other work gets done on the car.
Suspension is last on my list.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
...and why didn't you submit this kind of stuff for a possible article?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
baker423 said:
ollie said:
...and why didn't you submit this kind of stuff for a possible article?
Ahh i should have... :lol:

Sorry, no pics, but I can do a quick writeup right now.....
I believe ollie means submit your "bio" for a feature of the month article.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ragnaarok said:
baker423 said:
ollie said:
...and why didn't you submit this kind of stuff for a possible article?
Ahh i should have... :lol:

Sorry, no pics, but I can do a quick writeup right now.....
I believe ollie means submit your "bio" for a feature of the month article.
:doh: Ohhh. I didn't take it that way. Man, do i feel like an @55.
My car is far from done, didn't feel that it would be worth submitting yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
baker423 said:
:doh: Ohhh. I didn't take it that way. Man, do i feel like an @55. My car is far from done, didn't feel that it would be worth submitting yet.
Submit it now while "under construction", then submit again in a year when it's more "done" :lol:

Seriously, with the lack of submissions anything is welcome for an article.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top