Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just put new pads on my calipers, took them off and painted them also, reinstalled them, went to bleed um.........not budgin, i don't wanna break um how can i get them off without snapage

·
Registered
68 Posts
wise to stop when they really won't move, cause they do snap.

You should start by trying to shock the caliper right around the bleeder screw. If that doesn't work, you can try carefully tapping a SIX POINT socket or wrench forward and back on the screw to try and break it free. If that fails too, heating up the caliper around the bleeder screw should work. That'll screwup your painted finish on the calipers though... but may end up being your only option.

good luck!

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is something called a Flare Nut Wrench that will give good grip and allow you to go over your brake line.

·
Registered
68 Posts
xxpaulcpxx said:
There is something called a Flare Nut Wrench that will give good grip and allow you to go over your brake line.
Flare Nut wrenches are a must have if you're gonna work on brake lines,
but you can just use a regular wrench or socket on a bleeder screw.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
yeah a 6pt socket or box end wrench will provide alot more grip than a flare nut wrench since they still flex out when you torque on them... they are ideal for fittings where you can not get a box end or a socket on due to a line running off the back of the fitting....

dont forget the pb blaster.. .. lube em up with that..... tap around the screw... do it the next day and the next da for as long as you want... the more you soak them and tap on them... the better your chances of getting them off will be

Chris

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I had speedbleeders on my old motorcycle... and they leaked. I ended up getting new bleed screws from Honda to replace them. Really the best thing you can do to make bleeding the lines easier is a vacuum pump.
Back on topic, I think he's more worried about snapping the end off the bleeder and leaving some stuck inside the caliper. That can happen no matter what you use, it happened twice on the Mazda I was working on over the winter (both rear calipers). Just a little lube, heat, and patience, you'll get it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Richrowa said:
stickershop said:
If you mash up the bleed screw...be sure to get new ones. Or better yet, SpeedBleeders. I have those and they rock! :D
Whats a good place to get them. This looks cool.
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

They allow you to bleed your brakes by yourself because they have a check valve built into them. I've had them on my car for 3 years now without any leak problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.