Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or can people not see a CRX on the road? Almost everyday someone trys to run me off the freaking road, had a hit and run a few years ago, still don't have the right bumber cover on the CRX.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I swear people in pickup trucks and SUVs actually wait for me to get close to them and then they pull out at the last second as if to say "ha ha, my tank of a vehicle will pulverize yours, so I don't care about safe driving! la la la!!"

sometimes I think I should do what my grandpa did and get a truck. He welded bar and round stock steel to his bumper, so when he got in accidents, he would destroy the other people's vehicle. every accident he got in was not his fault. one time a caddy sedan turned in front of him when he was going through an intersection, and his bumper ripped the side of the caddy clean off. the lady in the caddy was flipping out, and there was barely a mark on his truck. mwa ha ha. btw this was back when every american vehicle was a gas hogging tank.

·
Registered
734 Posts
People change lanes right into me ALL THE TIME....like constantly. I've been run onto the shoulder or emergency lane on the interstate (I have a long daily commute) more times than I can count. I wrecked my Y49 just months after a repaint when a Suburban started changing lanes into me in the snow, then saw me, overcorrected, and got sideways right in front of me, forcing me into the median (there were trees there, of course). It happened a lot in that car, and it was BRIGHT YELLOW. Now that a lot more people are on cell phones while driving (people that change lanes in front of me when I'm doing 20mph faster than them are on a cell phone about 75% of the time, it seems). Having a car that's the same size but not a bright-ass color doesn't help any.

I've avoided so many accidents that other people try to cause that it's not even funny. If I was paying the same amount of attention as these people, I would have totalled dozens of cars by now. I get so effing sick of these people and their complete lack of driving ability and non-existant awareness of what's going on around them...hell, the other day it was foggy and POURING down rain, visibility was terrible, and 25% of the cars coming the other way on the interstate didn't even have their headlights on.

This is EXACTLY why I don't own a motorcycle, by the way. Being substantially more invisible to these idiots while also being exponentially more vulnerable to grave injury is not something I can deal with.

When driving, assume that every car on the road is going to do the dumbest thing possible at any given opportunity. A lot of the time, they do -- and instead of being surprised, you'll be prepared to deal with it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I get it allot too. I awlays thought they were misjudging how fast i was going....... :rolleyes1: I remember once when I was young and stupid, and I was doing about 110-115 through town, and some guy pulled out, and I left about 100yard black marks in the road. He pulled off the road and let me by, then attempted to chase me down and chew me out, or call the police or something. Obviously he misjudged the speed. There is no way he would have caught me. I was out like fat chics in dodge ball. Ironicly this all was about 50yards from my house. BTW I don't drive like that anymore. It was just another young and stupid crxbart story.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i was drivin my girls crx a few years back. . . . we were in the right lane to go straight and a semi was in the left lane to make a left turn we were both stopped at a red light. and another truck was coming the opposite way well he needed room to make the turn so the truck beside me decited to move over to the right to make him some room. . . . totally side swiped up . . . once the truck caught us it just drug us.... it was really slow like 2 or 3 mph.. . . my girl jumped out of the pass side and started screaming at the driver. . . . thats what made him stop.... or he might have drug us around the turn with him . .. . .took the door, mirror, side skirt, door cap and right wheel out with it. . . . . .never seen us. . . . moron. . . . totaled a nice crx. . . . i resurected it. . . . and got it back on the road but still. . . . .sheesh. . . .look where the heck you are going and look at what is around you . .

chris

·
Registered
159 Posts
CRXBart said:
I was doing about 110-115 through town....
Im sure glad you dont live in my town! I have a wife and 2 kids.. I would have followed you, and I would have found you sooner or later, and I DEFINITELYwould have beaten your dumb ass!

later

Sneak

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
sneaky_pete said:
CRXBart said:
I was doing about 110-115 through town....
Im sure glad you dont live in my town! I have a wife and 2 kids.. I would have followed you, and I would have found you sooner or later, and I DEFINITELYwould have beaten your dumb ass!

later

Sneak
Whoa EASY dude,
CRXBart said:
BTW I don't drive like that anymore. It was just another young and stupid crxbart story.
And yes, people have backed into my car...and I got run off the road in upstate VA going to HIN.

·
Registered
818 Posts
yeah this is a huge problem.. another thing to mention is the fact that is now taboo to own a mini van so all the women that would otherwise be in a mini van where they would probably be able to see you better are now in huge SUV's. and its ironic they say that the SUV is the safest vehicle to be in during an accident.. well i say if there werent any SUV's we would all be safer in an accident *shrugs* but yeah this stuff happens to me all the time i had a Semi pull out in front of me on the freeway he was at a stop the side i was doing about 75 and he pulled right out in front of me.. had to drop down to 35 in a few seconds.. lucky for me i had just bought new falkens and had my brakes checked to make sure things were good.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Oh yeah, and TWICE someone has hit my car...while it was parked in a well-lit apartment complex parking lot. Both big-ass SUVs. How the hell do you manage to hit a parked car? I'd take the bus if I was that much of a dipsh*t behind the wheel before I got myself killed.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, I told you guys it happens constantly. Just tonight, on the way home from work, I was in the left lane (at this particular spot, it's the proper lane to be in when not exiting) perhaps 1/4 to 1/2 mile after a city street turns into an interstate. A semi was entering from the right and merging into the lane just to the right of me, with a minivan right behind it, with me coming up to overtake them both on the left (you know how semis take onramps nice and sloooow). Then, the minivan pulled an incredibly retarded move when he/she shot directly from the entrance ramp through the right lane and on into the left (my) lane in one smooth motion. Need I mention that I was occupying the exact spot that the minivan was moving into? I was forced onto the shoulder, of course...I was going faster than him, meaning it was out of the question to try and brake enough to get below his speed in the time I had to work with. I had to stay on it, trying to get him to stop moving into me by laying on my horn.

Oh, and by this point, we were on a small bridge-deal, so there was a concrete barrier about 6 inches from my left mirror and a dipsh*t in a van about 6 inches from my right. Somehow we got past the concrete barrier without him forcing me into it, and I had to dip about half a tire off the pavement before he stopped moving toward me (and I assume, finally brake) and I could get back in the actual lane. Oh, and about the time I had to kick up some rocks over there in the median, I saw one of those plastic poles with a reflector or whatever that you see on the side of the interstate fly about 8 or 10 feet in the air. I didn't knock it over, but I apparently kicked it up from where it was lying.

I flung my arm out the window in a gesture of WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT and slowed down in the right lane to compose myself. The van goes by me on the left a moment later, and the woman in the passenger seat waves sweetly while mouthing the word "sorry" like it was some funny little incident. Hahaha, hilarious, just like the inch-long scratch on my door from the plastic pole I kicked up with my tire trying to avoid this idiot.

Welcome to my commute.

EDIT: I went out to check out my car a little more closely than I did when i got home...and there's a DEEP 3" long scratch (more like GOUGE) on the driver's side quarter panel, apparently from that reflector thing I ran over, somehow. Great. I hate people sometimes. I guess I should have forced those idiots to pull over and checked my car for damage, but it's really not worth an insurance claim. I coulda made them give me a hundred bucks, though. And then keyed their van. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.