Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the crx knowing it had a blown motor. NOw what to do with it????

But here are some pics.





Not sure what to do now though. The motor and tranny has 220,000 miles on it. I am not sure if the tranny is bad or good.
I know the crx needs new axles, and a lower cross member(the passanger side wheel is pushed back towards the rear), brake master cylinder and booster.

*I'd like to turbo an A6 or sohcZC. Let me know if you have any suggestions for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
downest said:
Since you need a new engine, crossmember, and axles, it might not be a bad idea to start considering a different series (B most likely).
I was thinking along those lines also. But I do like the A6.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
It would also help us to know what kind of budget you have kev.
Any pics of that pass side damage? Any crash damage can be costly depending on the type and amount.
Before you get delusions of B series grandeur I'd get the "basics" fixed first.
Let us know what you find Kev.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ollie said:
It would also help us to know what kind of budget you have kev.
Any pics of that pass side damage? Any crash damage can be costly depending on the type and amount.
Before you get delusions of B series grandeur I'd get the "basics" fixed first.
Let us know what you find Kev.
I have a "college student, and parents don't pay for anything" budget. LOL. Right now I want to keep costs to a minimum, but if there is a good deal on something, I don't mind spending the money.

Here is a picture of the wheel that sits back towards the rear. It is pushed back enough to rub on the inner wheel well.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Ok if you have that kind of budget I'd stay clear of a B swap right now.
D series blocks can be had for very cheap now-a-days.
I'd say inspect and see if your head wasn't damaged.If the upper half is ok,just pick up a d short block and bolt everything back up.
Also it looks as you may be spending some green on some suspension repair first.
So is the frt crossmember missing?damaged? what? From the looks of the pic
you may be buying a LCA and a radius rod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
downest said:
I hate to be nitpicky, but this is one of my pet peeves...

That wheel belongs on the other side, see the "L"?
I hear ya. If that was the only thing needing to be fixed on this crx, I'd be very happy.
You would be surprised how easily people can fuck up a crx. For example instead of fixing the leaking sunroof the proper way, he used windshield sealant to glue it shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ollie said:
Ok if you have that kind of budget I'd stay clear of a B swap right now.
D series blocks can be had for very cheap now-a-days.
I'd say inspect and see if your head wasn't damaged.If the upper half is ok,just pick up a d short block and bolt everything back up.
Also it looks as you may be spending some green on some suspension repair first.
So is the frt crossmember missing?damaged? what? From the looks of the pic
you may be buying a LCA and a radius rod.
I have a guy local that will sell his complete A6 with tranny for $300, but it has 200,000 miles on it.
The front cross member is there but it is covered in mud.
Could I buy that radius rod and LCA from the autoparts store?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
KansasKev said:
Could I buy that radius rod and LCA from the autoparts store?
Better luck in a scrap yard.I doubt that a parts store will carry RR and LCA's.

I found this on a quick search
LCA link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Im not quite sure which side you need parts for...
lmk b/c I have a LH LCA, and a RH radius rod.

~Shane :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the passanger side!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top