Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as you know, I have a bunch of EF sedan power accessories, and as I now know, they don't quite bolt in, but they will work. Tonight I was on the phone with a friend, and he said I should just make the mirrors fit the CRX and sell them as a bolt in item. I thought about that, but I can't find any damn manual mirrors around here... but wait... he has a whole bunch! There are a few sedans around with the power options, so we were thinking of getting together and making sets of bolt-in mirrors. Would anybody be interested in these? We could do the same for the windows, though swapping the rails for the windows is a lot easier. I'm just trying to gauge interest before I spend a weekend cutting my fingers up.

·
Registered
734 Posts
downest said:
We could do the same for the windows, though swapping the rails for the windows is a lot easier. I'm just trying to gauge interest before I spend a weekend cutting my fingers up.
Funny, I would be, but I just got my EDM CRX power windows in from Germany TODAY. I ordered them like a month ago on eBay from someone with ZERO feedback (not a lot of people bidding, so I took a chance on getting ripped off for the $$$ savings),

I personally don't care much about power mirrors, it's so rare that they need adjusting and there's already a little thing to adjust them from inside the car with the window rolled up.

I think a lot of people are interested in power windows, though...how much "rigging" do you have to do to make them work in the CRX?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the right parts on hand, the windows can be adapted in 10 minutes, install might be a little longer though.
Because of the design of the door handles, the windows and locks should go together, unless I can find the prelude model or whatever that has the two window switches on the handle, and that will fit the CRX/EF doors.

·
Registered
293 Posts
there was a guy at n12 with 90-93 integra mirrors onhis crx and he said they bolted up...

i personally never tryed it but i do know the sdn mirrors are a bit different and dont line up that well

scarponze

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
zulued said:
he said they bolted up...
Almost. The base has to be ground a little to clear the bottom window trim and to bottom cleanly in the mounting bucket. You also have to drill new screw holes in the door.
The bolt holes for the power regulators are already present. Aside from the top rails, you need switches and wiring. Swapping over the counter-spring should keep the up and down speeds equal (the CRX glass is heavier, so a bigger spring is needed). That's just a matter of running each regulator off the bottom of it's rack to unload the spring pressure, swap the springs, hold it back up against the rack teeth and run it back on.
I chose to keep the hinge area wiring clean by using Civic sedan door electrical connectors - they have a whole mess more pins than the CRX connectors, but fit the same size hole.

The stock CRX harness can simply be de-pinned from the connector and inserted into the Civic connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.