Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I said goodbye to the bondosaurus rex.
Almost 2 year, and several buckets of Bondo later, your gone. I only put 800 miles on you, and kept your interior ultra mint, as all 88 SI should be.

On this note, hell yeah, I'm bout to find the next project, and start tearin apart the Y49, may have some stuff for sale, but you guuys'll be kept up to date

oh, and Id like to take a second to address a certain problem: remember when dealin with car problems on our CRX's, always feel up the wires a bit if it may have something to do with wiring, because more and more I'm having problems where the copper is snapping inside the rubber coating, but not tearing visibly. It's a true bitch when you spend a long time troubleshooting, only to notice a wires not connected and thats the only problem.

that is my rant..... im going to sleep now!

·
Registered
529 Posts
g0CRXg0 said:
Well today I said goodbye to the bondosaurus rex.
Almost 2 year, and several buckets of Bondo later, your gone. I only put 800 miles on you, and kept your interior ultra mint, as all 88 SI should be.

On this note, hell yeah, I'm bout to find the next project, and start tearin apart the Y49, may have some stuff for sale, but you guuys'll be kept up to date

oh, and Id like to take a second to address a certain problem: remember when dealin with car problems on our CRX's, always feel up the wires a bit if it may have something to do with wiring, because more and more I'm having problems where the copper is snapping inside the rubber coating, but not tearing visibly. It's a true [floosy] when you spend a long time troubleshooting, only to notice a wires not connected and thats the only problem.

that is my rant..... im going to sleep now!
Nice this time don't buy a Y49 they are the spawn of Satan. Need any help, your brother up north is down, as always.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
CRXBart said:
Nice this time don't buy a Y49 they are the spawn of Satan.
You rang? :twisted:
Y-49 FTW!

·
Registered
779 Posts
About the wire comment. Yes, I have the same problem with my almost 300xxxkms harness. Our harnesses aren't made to last this long I think, as the more and more you flex them, the more and more brittle they get. My friends almost 500xxxkms EF hatch has about half a new wiring harness as the wire is snapping internally. We just run a new wire from the sensor to the ecu lol. It's cheaper and easier then running a new wire into the harness.

Why you parting out your Y49? I thought it was in really good shape?!?!

·
Registered
529 Posts
ludesrv said:
About the wire comment. Yes, I have the same problem with my almost 300xxxkms harness. Our harnesses aren't made to last this long I think, as the more and more you flex them, the more and more brittle they get.
Everything in my harness was made in 04, yet another reason to go K. :wink:

ludesrv said:
It was until Ross got a hold of it. Now she is beaten and battered. :wink: I don't think he is gonna part it out completely just sell what he isn't gonna transfer. Then sell the car with a stock motor. I think that is his plan.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CRXBart said:
ludesrv said:
It was until Ross got a hold of it. Now she is beaten and battered. :wink: I don't think he is gonna part it out completely just sell what he isn't gonna transfer. Then sell the car with a stock motor. I think that is his plan.
Thatd be correct. Im gonna be keepin all JDM accerioes, Drivetrain, and I'll more then likely just strip it down and keep everything. Nothin like have an extra part of everything, and I'll haul the shell and have it junked.
Well thats plan A. Plan B is to get another CRX, swap all interior and engine, and just sell off the Y49.

It is still in excellent condition, but it needs around $1500 worth of body work, which I cant afford, and cant do the work myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.