Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... your a 88 CRX SI.
you spent a good 160K in Pennsylvania. Then you sat for a long time. Then you had your engine rebuilt, and you were bought by a OH guy, where you sat for almost a year.
During all this time, your rear wuarters rust all the way out around the gas door, all the way up to the windows, the doors have fist sized rust holes in'em, the windshields cracked, there's rust virtually EVERYWHERE very badly.
Then a kid buys you, grinds off the rust, and bondo's you up. At this point you got 180K, your almost 20, and your a cyborg of a car, half metal have bondo.

So where would you expect your CRX life to go? junkyard right? or daily driving til you kick the dust on these cold, salty, OH streets.
but no, that couldnt happen, could it?

For whatever reason, some englishmen from the UK has bought my Bondosaurus rex, and is paying $2200 to have it shipped to the UK. Why? IDK, beats the hell out of me, but I gotta say, I'm excited to send my lil guy on an adventure to the otherside of the world!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andrey320 said:
$2200 + ? Did you get paid already? Its not one of those, "here is my money order, ship me your car" scams, is it?
Thats a lot of money to pay for a rust bucket. Don't they have rusty cars in the UK?
yea they do, but f all that, they have VT's there. Why in the world would you import a completely stock USDM CRX, for $3800?
Any of you die-hard rex guys know what a VT goes for over there, and it's less than that (pending condition, but seriously I've seen the most mint VT's sell for under $3k)

The guy sent me a cashiers check, which I deposited and am waiting on the funds to clear. So long as they clear, hooray, if not, I got another guy lined up to buy it. yay!

on a down note though, my purported 7th CRX was sold the other day, so Im back on the prowl for one....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Make sure it is not a scam. My dad has had 3 scammers try to buy his vette. The one said that the car was being purchased for a minister of a church. HAHA Nothing like buying a minister a 500hp car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^rofl
you live in wapokoneta? my buddies mom lives out there, next time we go visit her maybe I'll see ya around

yea Im warry of the whole deal, but if the moneys there, its there ya know?
If it clears n whatnot, it's gravy right?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Be careful mang.
I've heard scam horror stories start out this way.

Seriously go to your bank and ask if this check is legit and if it can be charged back like Seti said.
Nothing more frustrating than trying to get your car back after you've been duped. :evil:

I smell scam amigo.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
OK I did some searching.
This is how money orders and cashiers checks work.

You withdraw the money, and the bank gives you an advance on the money.
In the meantime, the bank can find out that the check doesn't clear, or is a forgery. You'll have to return the money. No car, no cash, nice debt. You got owned. Up to 8 weeks can pass in the meantime.

So don't withdraw the cash yet, until you have a written statement from the bank that all is OK.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
So the gentleman from the UK bought your rusty USDM Crx for $3800.

If as Seti has already stated:
SETI20 said:
there are plenty of really nice USDM crxes around here already that sell for around a grand.
Then why would someone do this. Overpay for a car that can easily be found for less and in better shape and taek the time to have it shipped? So either the buyer is extremely stupid or the buyer is smarter than you and you got had, especially if what is described below occurs.

SETI20 said:
OK I did some searching.
This is how money orders and cashiers checks work.

You withdraw the money, and the bank gives you an advance on the money.
In the meantime, the bank can find out that the check doesn't clear, or is a forgery. You'll have to return the money. No car, no cash, nice debt. You got owned. Up to 8 weeks can pass in the meantime.

So don't withdraw the cash yet, until you have a written statement from the bank that all is OK.
..."if it is too good to be true.....it prob is."

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
g0CRXg0 said:
Why in the world would you import a completely stock USDM CRX, for $3800?
Ya know, i agree with everyone, something isn't right.....

But i just had a big chuckle over this statement... cause you know that somewhere over in JDM-land, there is a guy at an auto salvage place looking at a $200 equivelant CRX sitting in a crusher with someone running up to him stopping him from crushing it, and telling him that people pay $3000+ for that car in the states....... and thus begins the befuddled look on his face of increasing wonderment into how stupid americans can really be.... lol!

"joo meeeen dat i sell dis honky tard foe tee tousand dowwa?!?!?" :p

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
then why wouldn't they just get one from mainland Europe? shipping would be much easier.. you could even drive it over from France.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Krix said:
you got scammed.
I wouldnt say that just yet. I mean, the car is about 20yds. from me right now.

Thanks for checkin into that for me Seti, I appreciate it.

I think I'm just gonna wait a few days and see what happens, if it clears, I'm gonna do like you said and go to my bank and have them assure me everything is ok.

What about this idea though, have a police officer oversee the pickup, and run dude's id? or something like that maybe?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.