Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't really technical... so here goes.

I was kinda bored last weekend...with the sucky F1 and all.
I had my B18 cover lying around for months now, so I decided to strip and paint it.

This is what it ended up like. Needs some cleaning up. Some grey blotches from the polishing compound.

But hey, not bad for a couple of lost hours.

This is what it's going on to.

Next up, paint the headlight housings, and do an emergency repair of that terrible fibreglass hood. Getting a decent metal replacement next week to play around with.

God I love having so much parts to swap around. Feels like changing into a fresh t-shirt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
looks sweet. i'm still undecided about the color my valve cover is going to be.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Its nice to know that you have the time for this sort of thing.....

Bas, i'm done being Mr. Nice guy and waiting. Ship my headlights out please. I have not heard from you yet regarding a shipment. You're treading of very shallow ice with me right now. I'm done waiting, and i'm done giving good references.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ComposiMo said:
Its nice to know that you have the time for this sort of thing.....
Well it's sunday you know.

ComposiMo said:
Bas, i'm done being Mr. Nice guy and waiting. Ship my headlights out please. I have not heard from you yet regarding a shipment. You're treading of very shallow ice with me right now. I'm done waiting, and i'm done giving good references.
Relax, I just got back. Like I said before...I had to re-box everything. Unless you want me to send you flea infested cardboard.

Back on topic, BLING! 8)
Does anybody know where I can get those bolts for the valve cover?

I mean the ones with the rounded off top. Mine are fading quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Whoah... you post this AFTER we discussed it in PM? And you're still trying to tell me to 'relax' ? Sorry, that now won't happen... i won't let you come on here and sound all innocent, like i've only been waiting for them for a week or something...

It should have been sent out LONG before your trip to France, so there wouldn't have been Fleas everywhere... (heck, why not take them to France and ship them there... that would have been an honorable thing to do, knowing that someone was waiting for them).

Whatever, i'm done... back to your bling :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ComposiMo said:
(heck, why not take them to France and ship them there... ).
Hm good point. That never even occurred to me. However, fedex didn't come to me 'long' before I left. But yeah, that might have worked.
Regardless, sorted now.

Different subject.
When I go and replace those camgears, would I need to loosen the tentioner on the belt? Or is there going to be some play that will allow me to slide the camgears in place?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used regular car spray paint, and clear on it. I did warm up the cover with a heat gun for the first couple of color coats.
It'll need to sit for a couple of days to harden, it can go dull if you put it on the car right away.

I haven't had any problems using spray paint on valve covers yet. However some of them have become a bit duller after a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Its a driveway fix... you can use a torque wrench, but a gootntite turn of the wrench will do just as fine... just don't want to strip it though, cause if you do, the motor gets to come out :)

You'll use a 14mm short socket on a 3/8" Ratchet... Then when you go to tighten it, you'll want to slightly tension the belt by rotating the crank assembly a bit so it all has nice tension, then tighten it, and re-check tension to make sure it isn't too tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.