Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some issues with the brakes on my 91 crx si...I replaced the mastercylinder the lines in the rear shoes drums wheel cylinders in the rear!The reason I replaced was a spongy pedal now theres a stiff pedal until i start the car then I have nothing!Before it was allways spongy I dont understandThere is no air in the lines I bleed the crap out of the lines front and back!Any suggestions?I should also add that Engaging the brakes Messes with the idle of the car! :twisted:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would try replacing the hoses first. No reason replacing the booster if it doesnt need it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brothers park area by guss's!That was gonna be my next guess was the booster!Would the booster make it have a good pedal until u start it tho?Thats the thing that blows my mind.I thought if the booster was shot then the pedal was shot Regardless!Well I guess thats next then!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Have you ever noticed when you get into your car, and first press the brakes, before starting, you can maybe move the pedal 2 inches? After you start the car, you can push them ... oh, 6inches? Thats your booster providing vacuum assist to enact the brakes.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
to be honest, thats one part I have never FULLY removed, lol. I know there are 4 12mm bolts that you need to hire a midget to get to around the steering column. As for how it detaches from the pedal, I've yet to take the time to figure that one out.

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
rex2nr said:
to be honest, thats one part I have never FULLY removed, lol. I know there are 4 12mm bolts that you need to hire a midget to get to around the steering column. As for how it detaches from the pedal, I've yet to take the time to figure that one out.
Those aren't even the hard bolts on the pedal assembly. The brake booster is held to the brake pedal by a bolt with a cotter pin through it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.