Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
first of all, do you mean the "3rd brakelight" or the taillights or both?

that would help determine the cause of the problem.

then i would check the bulbs, as dumb as that sounds. the taillights are dual filament. its quite possible the brake light filament just went bad. but you still have to replace the whole bulb.

then i would check your fuses.

then i would check the brake sensor at the pedal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is an easy one. Did you find little blue broken pieces on the floor under pedals? Looks like broken shirt button pieces. Their is a plastic contact button attached to the brake pedal & one for the clutch. These break easily. It is hard to see but get your head up under your pedals & you will see the push sensor that the pedal arms push against. You can replace the plastic piece with a pan head screw or a replacement contact piece.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Check the brake light fuse... I think it's the one labeled Stop, Horn in the under-hood box. Or I guess you could just try hitting the horn.
After that, test the brake light switch. Just follow the brake pedal arm up - you'll see it.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
jfrolang said:
^That's a common issue, but if that stopper falls out the brake lights will stay on until the battery dies. This problem is different, the brake lights apparently won't work at all.
exactly. its not the "oh so common" brake pedal stopper thats the problem since his issue is the brakelights not coming on at all. which is why i didnt mention it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.