Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am new. i own a 87 si. i got it for 500 usd. sounds nice eh? well it had 2 holes in the crankshaft (which led to a profuse oil leak) and a number of other problems. Well enuff intro. can anyone please gimme a tip or two about how to fix this problem.
(as u prolly know) the fuse to the horn and brake lights is the same. well when i got my car neither worked, so i checked the fuse. it was missing. i put in a new 15A fuse and the horn worked! well the brake lights didn't. so i turned off my car, key out of ignition and all, and noticed a nice glow from my brake lights. they were still on. so i took the fuse out to not waste my battery. Anyone got a idea of what my first step should be?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Also, check the spring that returns the brake pedal to the off spot. If the pedal isnt coming back to nutaral, the lights would stay on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks 88dxcrx, i looked and found where the metal runs back from the pedal and hits the button. in my metal plate that is supposed to hit the button is a hole. and the button goes right through the plate. resulting in never turning off.
solution: nut and bolt to hit the button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.