Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your recommendation for decent everyday front disc and rear drum pads. Nothing fancy as I don't AutoX. But I do drive vigorously with my ZC.

Also, same question for my wife's Toyota Sienna.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Not quite sure if any advance autos are near you charles.
I run Raybestos pads in my DDers.
Just stay clear of NJA and the run of the mill "bobs" brake pads.
Not all pads are manufactured the same.
Yeah they will cost a lil more,but its brakes we are talking about.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
i just got a front pad/rotor setup from 88rotors on honda tech for my 00 civic.
Brembo blanks and pbr ceramic pads for $100 shipped. ordered monday and got them thursday. I like it alot and will buy from him for my crx when it comes around again.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have a set of Hawk HPS pads and brembo blanks on my CRX (daily driver) and they are awesome. The Hawk pads didn't cost much more than regular pads either.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ollie said:
Not quite sure if any advance autos are near you charles.
I run Raybestos pads in my DDers.
Just stay clear of NJA and the run of the mill "bobs" brake pads.
Not all pads are manufactured the same.
Yeah they will cost a lil more,but its brakes we are talking about.
Hope that helps.
No Advance Auto near here but someone must carry Raybestos. I'll check their site.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
black_krix_si said:
i just got a front pad/rotor setup from 88rotors on honda tech for my 00 civic.
Brembo blanks and pbr ceramic pads for $100 shipped. ordered monday and got them thursday. I like it alot and will buy from him for my crx when it comes around again.
Already got Brembo blanks that aren't but a year old.

Are the PBR pads okay for daily driving. They look like they are more for racing.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stickershop said:
I have a set of Hawk HPS pads and brembo blanks on my CRX (daily driver) and they are awesome. The Hawk pads didn't cost much more than regular pads either.
I have heard nothing but good about Hawk HPS. Good for the front. I should probably go Raybestos on the rear as the drums don't do much of the normal stopping.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
they are doing great for me. from what ive read they are a good street/track setup. ceramic like the oem pads were, no noise. very good feel, especially when braking from 70 to 25 off the interstate.

·
Registered
416 Posts
black_krix_si said:
they are doing great for me. from what ive read they are a good street/track setup. ceramic like the oem pads were, no noise. very good feel, especially when braking from 70 to 25 off the interstate.
How is the dust?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I just use the laps 's pads.. . . . .i just get the good ones... .. semit metallic..... and they seem to hold up pretty well....

dont get the cheapie " organic" pads. . . . . they fade worse than a cheap t shirt.. .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts