Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my new cam (Crower stage 2) in the mail today. I plan on installing it tonight. Is there something I should do to break it in, I've heard from friends I should install it and then run the engine at 3500 RPM for 10-20 minutes... I don't really see the logic in that though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
<shrug>... run it like a bear! :p

in all seriousness, so that you can honestly say that you DID do it, with parts like this, ALWAYS follow the directions that come with the part from the manufacturer, no matter what anyone on any forum says... and if you don't have the copy, then contact the manufacturer. That way there won't be any issues if there is a need for a warranty to be exercised.

With that said, cams don't normally require any break in... they are ready to go right out of the box. They won't have any heat-treat benefit above what has already been done, and there is nothing that needs to "wear in" on the friction surfaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.