Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I installed my sylvania sylverstars my corner lights just dont cut it. Its a 2 part problem, not very bright, and it was almost a brownish light. It looked like crap.

I have found that the sylvania 922 bulb fits both sockets for the corner lights. the bulb i pulled out was a 194, so this is a big step. It is also a huge difference. Its still not white light like my headlights, but it isnt as noticable as the old bulbs. They are also brighter, alot brighter.

I didnt know if anyone has this problem, just thought id share.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Is this going to cause any extra wear and tear on the circuit? I'm interested...

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hope not. it just looks to me like the bulb and the element are bigger giving you a brighter bulb. i put them in 2 weeks ago and no problems so far.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I'd keep a close watch on the heat generated by these bulbs.
be careful mang...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yeah I know the bulbs that you are talking about. they dit right into the 194 style socket... Just like ollie said keep an eye on the heat that they make.. . it may be just enough to melt down your corner lenses.... Let us know if it works out fro you In the future, i would not mind doing this to my car .. .
Chris

·
Registered
220 Posts
daveb91 said:
anyone ever try LEDs?
I tried amber LEDs...and I'm hooked! I installed mine during the daylight, and I turned them on to check them out...they didn't seem like they would be any brighter. I was pretty much disappointed.

Then I came out later that night to see them...and WOW! They're much brighter.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nope, no problem at all. Just for the record, the LED bulbs I used had 4 LEDs on each socket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts