Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know where is this ad, but its from ontario :
Year: 1991
Make: HONDA
Model: CRX
Model Detail: SI SE
Price: $9,950
Mileage: 209,000 km
Date: 5/5/2005
Ad Type: Private

ONE OF A KIND!!
Comment: Only 250 Special Edition, and only 25 made with pw and V-tec motor. A rare find. Well maintained, very clean. Don't miss this chance!! This is the CRX of CRX's!!! 209,000 km. $9950. Eric @ (416)254-3173. (CPVNHJ)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
pw?
Oh and yeah that price seems a tad high.
good luck dreamer.....whoever you are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
That's on the AutoTrader website. click here for the link! There's guys on there trying to pawn off blue and red CRX's as special editions all the time. Obviously there's a lot of suckers out there, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Hmm. Without saying what I bought mint SE #777 for in 1997, it sold for $10,500 in 2001 with 115,000kms on it. AC, all options, ZERO rust, all records, 100% original except for paint matched lower trim and window tint.

"Market value" gets skewed when something is rare or perceived to be rare, but regardless, what the market will pay for them is what they're worth.

Saw some auction on one of the auto channels a couple months ago where some muscle cars from the 60s and 70s were going for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I look at that and think "I wouldn't pay 1/100 of that price" -- but thats me. I don't want that car. Doesn't make me crazy or the seller a dreamer. The market is in charge.

Bone-heads buying [what are obvious to us] fake SE's is funny, but, ignorance is a market factor as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
fogd00d said:
Hmm. Without saying what I bought mint SE #777 for in 1997, it sold for $10,500 in 2001 with 115,000kms on it. AC, all options, ZERO rust, all records, 100% original except for paint matched lower trim and window tint.
What "all options" did it have? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
stickershop said:
What "all options" did it have? :)
Well, on top of the base set of extra SE goodies, the sunroof visor, front and rear splash guards, fog lamps, CD player.

What more was there to have than (Wil tells me these were an option) leather seats? I'd still like to find a set of those...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
Leather seat covers was a dealer option that a couple of dealers offered to their customers. It was not a factory option for the SE's. Power windows was another factory option that you occassionally see on the SE's (and a few other CRX's).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
stickershop said:
Leather seat covers was a dealer option that a couple of dealers offered to their customers. It was not a factory option for the SE's. Power windows was another factory option that you occassionally see on the SE's (and a few other CRX's).
OMG. :shock: So there were ... parts kits available to Canadian dealers to do this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
fogd00d said:
OMG. :shock: So there were ... parts kits available to Canadian dealers to do this?
Yup. CRX Power Windows Accessory kit (complete). Part number: 08U93-SH4-300. They were only available until 1995 when they were discontinued. And a complete brand new kit went for just under $300 CDN. Can you imagine how much one would fetch on ebay right now? Cha-ching!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
stickershop said:
They were only available until 1995 when they were discontinued. And a complete brand new kit went for just under $300 CDN. Can you imagine how much one would fetch on ebay right now? Cha-ching!
Well, the good news is that I never even had a chance to miss out on them.

Damn. Yeah, I would fork out $300 CDN and more for them now.

Is it a sickness to want all the rare and hard to find OEM parts for your car?

Not so sure I want that arm-rest though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
fogd00d said:
Is it a sickness to want all the rare and hard to find OEM parts for your car?
If it's a sickness, then I'm terminally ill. ;)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top