Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone, new to the site. Just wondering if anyone has built their stock si engine and had success with it? Trying to decide if i want to do a swap or build my stock engine for turbo. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome.

It all depends on your budget an what your looking to get out of it. For example, I'm building up my D16 (Si) motor simply because I dont have enough to do an engine swap. If you asked my, I would say stick with the D16. But I'm bias. I would check around and weigh the pros.cons of both. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Your link didn't work nas,

As for your rebuild question:If you want to do a "pre-turbo" build....may I suggest picking up a few parts.Depending on what boost level we are talking I'll start from the least expensive to the most.

Least:ARP rod bolts,ARP head studs,cometic headgasket,quality ring set,reuse
old pistons,reuse old rods
moderate:Scat rods($299),ARP head studs,Cometic HG,quality ring set,factory cast pistons
most:Crower billet rods($699),ARP head studs,Cometic HG,Forged pistons

Now mind you that you will still need to do the typical machining work to the block(i.e. check the crank,clean cylinders,deck block,tank the block)
GL on your build...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.