Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i had another thread showing my car but i went back and looked at it and it was all over the place cuz i wasnt sure what swap to do and then at one point i was gonna sell the car so now that my mind has been made up i wanted to start a new one with more pics! here a lil info on me and my rex

name:rob
car:1990 crx dx
plans for the rex:h22a swap,repaint it a fresh white,edm wing,j's racing front lip

i bought the car from a guy that was released from the army i paid 1400 for it with the rims

prelude steering wheel

bumper and corner lights

dlaa fog lights :)b

h22a head all cleaned up

oil pan nice an fresh!

well thats all i got for now please leave feedback of what u think an thanks for looking :D

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Looks nice. I have a question though, why did you buy 90/91 corner lights?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
REXzAcTLy904 said:
Welcome back! haha is the motor rebuilt yet?? And are those Equips or Drags? Forgot to ask... :)b
thanks bro after the 25th of july i should have more progress!!! the head has been clean i replaced the lifters everthing thing else is good as for the block all i need in the piston rings an its good that an a couple gaskets and the rims are equips :)b

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
built716 said:
ohisofly said:
why not? are the 88/89 better?
Don't do it, the 90/91 won't work with 88/89's. 88/89 have corner lights that screw in at the corner of the lights outside while 90/91's corner lights insert and screw in under the hood.

90/91

88/89 see where the screws go in?

Your car has this.^ I think you might actually have an 88/89 vs a 90/91 judging by your tails, corner lights and rear bumper.

I was wondering what happened to your build. Glad you decided to hang on to the rex man, big fan or your rims! Look forward to more pictures. :) :)b

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nar said:
built716 said:
ohisofly said:
Don't do it, the 90/91 won't work with 88/89's. 88/89 have corner lights that screw in at the corner of the lights outside while 90/91's corner lights insert and screw in under the hood.

90/91

88/89 see where the screws go in?

Your car has this.^ I think you might actually have an 88/89 vs a 90/91 judging by your tails, corner lights and rear bumper.

I was wondering what happened to your build. Glad you decided to hang on to the rex man, big fan or your rims! Look forward to more pictures. :) :)b
Thanks a lot bro! And Damn that sucks my title says 1990 and I have the front end wit the lil vents there's no way to make them fit? And ill get new pics up soon wit a camera lol all these are from my sell phone

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
built716 said:
ohisofly said:
Not better but as Nar already said they won't fit your car. That's interesting your car is titled as a 1990 but maybe some stuff is just swapped around, who knows

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohisofly said:
built716 said:
ohisofly said:
Not better but as Nar already said they won't fit your car. That's interesting your car is titled as a 1990 but maybe some stuff is just swapped around, who knows
I hope they fit lol I don't feel like buying another pair

·
Registered
194 Posts
The corner lights will fit man, you just need to get:

*90/91 headlight buckets (the 90/91 corners have a screw that attaches to the buckets vs. the 88/89 do not and they slide in)

*remove the clips that the screw bites into on the fenders (2 per side) and replace with clips that allow the new corners to slide in (I got mine for like $8 shipped on her or they are like $20 shipped new from Honda)

Or you can go on eBay and get the correct ones (they aren't too pricey)...Are you sure the bumper lights are correct for your car too? As the 90-91 lights are wider.

I changed my 88 to the 90/91 corners as I like them alot better and I did a new EDM/SiR front end so it matches now. Btw :)b so far, I like the rims alot! I am looking to sell my 17's and get some similar to yours!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
the car looks like a 90, but the front and rear appear to have parts from another car (88-89).
can't really tell on the front bumper cover, but both do fit. you will want older style corner lights to make it easy, and the newer bumper lights are fine if you have the newer bumper.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
throwback23 said:
Love the wheels :)b maybe ill be brave enough or stop being cheap and buy a set one of these days lol. Looks like a legit pickup, keep the pics coming
thanks bro i love the rims its funny cuz i knew they where name brand but didnt kno how expensive they were till i looked them up 1800 for a set brand new :dizzy: im glad i didnt sell them to my boy for 400 lol cuz they are brand new still not one scratch and no curve damage

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.