Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edited to be more organized & 56k friendly: Repairs photos removed
Hello everyone .. I'm a complete CRX newbie so please excuse me ..
Not sure what model this is, what motor i have etc ..
She wanted it , i bought it , and ofc .. i have to fix it .. haha
It's pretty fast .. but .. i don't have anything to compare it to , having never driven a CRX before ..
anyways .. here is a link to some pics .. not sure if the Flikr pics will post here .. ( i tried in the Parts Wanted )
https://flic.kr/p/5476108198 NOTE: ah .. grab the BBC Code at Flikr in the Share tab. that worked .. pic is showing now . :)

000_0913 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

I had to scrub off some double sided tape residue from some side air foils that were removed by the previous owner.
Thats why all the white cleanser is visible is some of the molding cracks and on the ground.

BTW: The pics show all the "good news" .. i'll take pics of the hood and drivers side door / Q panel soon.
if you look closely at the rear photo you can also see the bumper is pushed in on the left and sticking out about 1/4" on the right. I hope this is an easy fix because it over causes the bumper cover to overlap the fender on the drivers side .. bummer ..

000_0917 by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr
I may need to install the whole radiator support on the front. :( ..
Gonna try to get some good interior pics up soon .. besides the seats and carpet, the interior is not too bad.

First Motor Shots as requested then .. ( jaws theme ) the Bad News :( front end damage :(

CRX - Motor shot by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

Motor ID

CRX - Motor ID tag by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

The "Bad News" Front View

CRX - Front View by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

CRX - L bumper by jeffwilliamsusa, on Flickr

Thanks in advance for your help ..
Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
319 Posts
You should get a shot of the engine bay. It's either a DX (base model) or an Si (the sporty model). Is it a automatic or manual trans? There's another model called the HF (high fuel) but it had different seats than this one, but it's possible someone could have swapped them.

Put a pic of the engine bay will let us be able to tell you what engine you have that way if you need engine parts, you'll know the engine code and can research it online.

·
Registered
116 Posts
could be a dx because no badging, or an hf because its a hard top (common for hf) and blue (common color for hf imo)

as Edison Carasio said, is it an auto or manual? auto is DX, manual is HF or SI. If you're not sure you can also check the front bumper support. The si one is beefy, and the hf one is really skinny and barebones.

But everything could be changed by the previous owner..

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Definitely not an Si because it doesn't have a factory sunroof. If it's an auto then it's not an HF, those were only manual transmission. Not to say that someone hasn't changed those things before now, but that's how it was from the factory.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow .. what an AWESOME forum .. totally didn't expect so many replies so quickly .. :D

Manual 5 speed transmission.
I kinda searched around the forums for info
and it doesn't have a sunroof so i assumed it was the DX too.
But .. kinda was hopin for Si .. hehe

The motor may have been swapped,
i'll take a pic of it here in a min .. waiting for camera batteries to charge.
There is a motor stamp on the front left where the transmission connects .. right ?

She also has some kind of coil overs , look pretty dirty , havn't tried to find a model or maker yet.
Ok .. sounds like the batteries are charged .. going for pics ..

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoL , yeah .. at first the camera wouldn't even work .. it's my el-cheapo but great for web pics.
After smacking it once , it worked but .. the first 2 pics had that FunKy Cam appearance .. hehe

Si Motor ? .. ah that's good news then .. that's why it seems fast :)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Its' an Si motor with Dx intake and anyone's guess on the tranny.

Search around for dpfi to mpfi swap and you'll pick up a little Hp

As for the front end. A big ol' dead blow hammer, a pry bar or two, and some patience and that'll straighten right out. I'd take off the bumper cover and remove the passenger headlight then whack that area back out some, then use a pry bar to bend and straighten the front bumper brace

Don't let her see the pink, she'll want it painted that color. :rofl:

Note: It won't be long, and you'll be looking for one for yourself...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Syper said:
bmxtrev said:
auto is DX, manual is HF or SI.
I have a DX siting outside and it's not an auto, it's a manual. :| And no nothings been swapped! All original.
yeah the dx came in a manual and auto. i think what he was saying is that the dx was the only crx to come with a auto tranny or a manual tranny the si and hf did not come with the option of a auto tranny.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The L3 on the trans is an Si...but I'm not sure what any of the other models codes are...

But yeah, just swap the intake manifold for mpfi and you'll gain a little...other than that it looks like an all Si swap to me!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.