Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Chris and myself got back on saturday from out little trip across the US.

I flew down last saturday and hung out with Ryan From RyWire.com super nice guy and and a few of his friends. Checked out sanfran, santa cruz took some insanely good pics of the golden gate and haha rented a mustang convert because all we had was two seater crx's and did some burn outs and relived the movie bullet in sanfran. What a **** box, the right rear tire is all chunky after I was down with it. Over all great trip the drive back was amazing too. The K20 pulls harder then any car I've been in, even to the 911 turbo I drove a few years back. Everything was good no issues what so ever with the car ran great. Stopped in to see ollie at about 1am and hung out with him for a few hours good to see him. But man what a long drive the planes are sooo boring but 150-160km/h makes then go by alittle faster. Anyways hope to see everyone at N12.

thanks
mike

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I saw Chris today too, cuz I had to pick up my brand new crx hood bra.
I drove the car , and I must say it is super fast ! Its loud as hell too with the 3" aluminum exhaust !
Man the car pulls and pulls all the way up to 9,000 rpm !

The car was leaking a lil coolant, but I think thats because the old crx was foaming over its newly fitted engine..LoL

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GREAT job on the exhaust John they better put your name in the artical for Honda-tuning, super light too. Oh and just to note for everyone it fit perfect and John didn't have the car to match it up too, so I hope that shows the quality of work he does. Perfect the first time! After Vtec it sounds very very sick no other honda sounds like it. Wish you where comign to N12 to hear it, Oh I do have some videos but they don't do justest.

And Rob, ya your manzear should look good on you, hope its the right cup size hehe.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
"After Vtec it sounds very very sick no other honda sounds like it. "

Sweeeeeet! Thanks... yea, if it doesn't make it into the mag, its all good... i still had a lot of fun putting it together, and stressing out over only having about 3/8" fore-aft play, and hoping that the measurements that Chris gave me off his car were within that range... haha! Not only did i not have the car, but because i didn't have his header here to match it up with, all he could give me was a "point in space" to build to :lol: But yea, a lot of stuff i do goes unnoticed and un-labeled... so i'm almost used to it, so if it doesn't get listed in there, i still know i did it :p

DEFINITELY get me some videos if/when you get a chance... i have another one of those exhausts to build, and the guy who wants it would like to have some idea of how it sounds.

Yea, N12 would be interesting, but i can't justify the trip up there, especially this year... too many things going on.

i WILL however more than likely be at the JDMUniverse.com meet in Kentucky or wherever it is going to be in July... thats up that way somewhere... or nowhere near ya... either way.. anyone know where Kentucky is? :p

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
YEAH!
Glad you guys made it back in one piece!
Noice work there john!
I was sooo glad that you two came by my place.That car sounds so sick.....
Not that chris's car liked the detroit streets. :lol: (sorry bout the potholes chris)
I want a test ride in that rig on some smooth roads!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya that was great to see you ollie!!! I was very tired but non the less it was great to see you. Did you like the fly by when we left??? I think we dropped it only one gear too hehe. Only think that sucks about the cali trip was me coming home to my crx and not running and I have to pull the motor to put the clutch back in and then wire it up obd1 again put a new intake on it and put a new header on it etc etc etc. So I have my work cut out for me so I'm going to bust my but and get it going!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.