Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 1985 CRX I bought new in college. It is in very very good shape body wise with only one very small spot of rust. The interior is good. Everything original. It has always been garage kept. Was parked in back of my big garage 20 years ago and not run. It is like a barn find now.
My husband died two days after christmas 2020 and that night I had a brain anuerysm burst leading to 3 months in ICU in a coma. Now I have to sell my house and everything. Please help me with ideas. How do I market a car like this and how much can I ask.
I do Great Dane Rescue and always help people on forums. I know the answers and help to my questions are easy for all of you. Thank you from my heart.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You'll get less for it as a non-running car, but it may take a fair bit of work to get it running again.

You might want to contact the folks at the bringatrailer.com auction site; they have been pulling in surprisingly high prices for CRXes--though those tend to be very well-kept running cars, so it might not be what they're looking for. Still worth an email, I think.

I know that redpepperracing.com used to be a forum focused on 1st-gen CRXes and the equivalent-generation Civics; not sure if it still is but might be worth poking through the ads there to see what people are asking for similar cars.

I'm sorry to hear of the bad stuff you've been going through. Hopefully the big chonky doggos have helped. Best of luck with the sale!

--DD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts