Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dead center in the picture. My dad felt it could be unplugged. With it unplugged, my engine idle surges from 900-1100 RPM. With it plugged, it idles from almost stalling to 1000/1200. What's the deal with this plug? I'm thinking I may just go MPFI sooner rather than later. But until then, if anyone can help me with this plug it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baker_jeff said:
I'm not sure what that's for, but can't you trace the wires and see where they go? Or do they disappear deep down in the engine bay?
Actually, the plug, plugs right up to that black thing to the left of it. The green plug is kind of resting on the black thing it connects to.

Maybe my question should be "What is the thing the green plug in the center of the picture plugs into?"

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
that is your idle air control valve.... . ICA or IACV what ever you want to call it.... it moves a little pintle in and out to help regulate idle based on conditions... . . . . take that valve off that it plugs into off. and clean the pintle area of it..... as they usually get some carbon build up on them. . . . then reset your computer to clear any codes. . . . plug it back in and see what happens. . . . . . might be that the valve is bad as well. . . .

good luck . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.