Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
thats some bull......if a cop ever tells me that my car needs to be stock I'm gonna tell him to start pulling over people with SUV's. We can't have a modded engine but people can drive around just wasting gas when they aren't even using the truck to tow anything? I hope the states don't try something like this.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,445 Posts
A lot of those links i read briefly, but from what i read, they look very vague.

I did read this one..http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3179768

that seemed to be the most specific.

I don't know about Canada, but here in NY state, we have yearly inspections. On OBD2 cars, which is 96+. emissions is more closely looked at as well as the typical safety standards.

But as far as mods,especially for '95 and older, the vehicle just has to pass a general safety inspection, lights, seatbelts, body integrity, etc.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
first off I want to thank Mark because now I can argue with a cop if one pulls me over for a modded vehicle. I'll admit I didn't read it all because I'm a little short on time but from what I read it seems that as long as the car is still safe you can mod a car as much as you want here. Which is nice to know. And yes Mark I already knew there were some laws but it doesn't seem they are anywhere near as strict as Canada is becomeing.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
Court is what pulls me out of school and or work.....argue is the wrong word to use but I WILL make a point to the officer if I feel that my car is legal and is perfectly safe.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,445 Posts
JKG08 said:
Court is what pulls me out of school and or work.....argue is the wrong word to use but I WILL make a point to the officer if I feel that my car is legal and is perfectly safe.
Yea, GL with that.
I'm sure the officer will make it a point to make your life worse and hold you up even longer.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Law enforcmeent in Canada about tuned cars is caused by kids and street racing. I've had an "illegal" exhaust for as long as I owned my CRX, and never got pulled over, why ? because I dont do stupid things and get spotted by off-duty cops like many kids are.

Cops are asked to "over-react " on modified cars because of complains from the society. People are getting tired of street racing and loud Coffee Cans. Stay put, Keep it to the track, play cool and everybody will be able to cruise with their cromed vehicle.

Mark is right, never argue with a cop on the side of the road. Court is there for that, and i'm pretty sure, most city offer night court schedule. On top of that, arguing with a cop, can eventually just make your ticket bigger and harder to defend.

I know we're all like 30 years old and in the facts, we suffer from the kids behaviour, but then again, dont rev your engine without reason, dont drive crazy-fast, don't make 360 on the Hwy, and don't use the side ramp to jump over-passes and you should be low profile enough to not bother about your modified vehicule catching attention.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,561 Posts
I dont think its that bad in canada, as long as you dont do stupid things like street race, or speed, or cut people off trying to be all "cool" in your car, the cops arent going to stop you! Ive only been stopped once... and that was for not having my front lisence plate On.... and I had it in my glove box, so the cop gave me some zap straps to put it on with!... no ticket or fine! Just a "Put it on, and good bye"
 

· Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IC so these guys were probably spotted before, that is why he pulled him over. My Neighbors called the cops on me for launching my car and taking it up to 100mph for no reason. The chief of police came to my house. Told me I am lucky he doesn't ticket me. I told him whatever you can't ticket me unless you saw it. I was right and he was pissed. I've had it happen before. I would get pulled over instantly if they were allowed to. My buddy Chris k20ef8, is afraid to put his car back together, just to get tickets for no reason. I guess as long as he doesn't drive stupid he will not get tickets. This is a hard task in a KRX.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
I know we're all like 30 years old and in the facts, we suffer from the kids behaviour
Dude thats as bad as sterio typing non-stock honda owners. :evil:
Im seventeen hardly speed never do stupid things, and reving my engine yeilds no benifits. While i havent been driving that long in the past year and a half i have been driving a cop has never looked twice at me. While my dad has recived 4 tickets for speeding and reckles driving in that same time :twisted:
sorry for that i just wish the age had less to do with it
:oops:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
stevethecat said:
I know we're all like 30 years old and in the facts, we suffer from the kids behaviour
Dude thats as bad as sterio typing non-stock honda owners. :evil:
Im seventeen hardly speed never do stupid things, and reving my engine yeilds no benifits. While i havent been driving that long in the past year and a half i have been driving a cop has never looked twice at me. While my dad has recived 4 tickets for speeding and reckles driving in that same time :twisted:
sorry for that i just wish the age had less to do with it
:oops:
I've been 17 and like you, never raced or did stupid things. Problem is that young drivers ARE the one that get spotted. And who drives modified Hondas ? yound drivers in majority. Do not get blinded by the scene you're on right now. For us, we see things differently, we think there is a LOT of pople driving modified cars, but in fact, we are very marginal. Cops and citizens see us as a Marginal portion of the population, thus the incomprehension.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
You do realize that is probably already a whole host of equipment laws regarding vehicle modification on the books in your state? It's a matter of enforcement.

CLICK HERE for Ohio motor vehicle equipment code.
thats some good info you wouldent happen to know of a list for manitoba would you ??? im installing a cage soon and dont want to do anything ilegal
 

· Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Synoptic said:
stevethecat said:
I know we're all like 30 years old and in the facts, we suffer from the kids behaviour
Dude thats as bad as sterio typing non-stock honda owners. :evil:
Im seventeen hardly speed never do stupid things, and reving my engine yeilds no benifits. While i havent been driving that long in the past year and a half i have been driving a cop has never looked twice at me. While my dad has recived 4 tickets for speeding and reckles driving in that same time :twisted:
sorry for that i just wish the age had less to do with it
:oops:
I've been 17 and like you, never raced or did stupid things. Problem is that young drivers ARE the one that get spotted. And who drives modified Hondas ? yound drivers in majority. Do not get blinded by the scene you're on right now. For us, we see things differently, we think there is a LOT of pople driving modified cars, but in fact, we are very marginal. Cops and citizens see us as a Marginal portion of the population, thus the incomprehension.
Im 17 aswell and in my "town" there arent many "nice" vehicles. I get pulled over so often i know most of the police officers by name. I dont do stupid stuff but they pull me over under some contract of how my car is from vancouver and was known to have rust. Everynow and then they use the term "suspicion of mischief" because i LOVE driving late at night just cruisin with the girl and she likes it too. In my mind cops arent bad people they're just trying to make the world a safer place.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
SaskCRX said:
In my mind cops arent bad people they're just trying to make the world a safer place.
I agree.

Though 40 years ago in the UK when I used to drive my modded Morris Minor (wide wheels, straight thru exhaust out the side, motor swap) I'd get pulled over by the cops at least once every two weeks on the 7 mile drive from my gf's house to mine.

They eventually got me on a "dangerous parts" violation - fine 3 pounds sterling (about $12 bucks then). I laugh these days when I see all the bike racks on people's cars - my "violation" was taking off my bumpers - I hadn't taken off the brackets yet!

So I didn't much like cops back then, either.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,445 Posts
Synoptic said:
Law enforcmeent in Canada about tuned cars is caused by kids and street racing. I've had an "illegal" exhaust for as long as I owned my CRX, and never got pulled over, why ? because I dont do stupid things and get spotted by off-duty cops like many kids are.
Exactly!
The ppl that complain about the cops are the ones doing stupid ,ridiculous, attention drawing, assanine things.

You don't want to get hassled, don't draw attention to yourself, pretty simple.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Awwww, cummon. With teh title of this thread, and the quote, "Apparently if you have a modded car in Canada now. You are the equivalent to a Jew in Nazi Germany. " I exected to see something/someone on fire, in an oven, or mass graves.

Crybaby crap about unjust car violations... Pssshhhh... get a lawyer to rep you all in a class action law suit for profiling and harassment and be done with it.

Now go set something on fire!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
If they tried the BS here in America that would be a violation of my freedom of speech.
And I agree, its BS that they dont let people mod there cars in Canada. Whats with all the crap they are giving car enthusiast?

They might as well make a law stating that no car can go faster then 8 seconds from 0-60.
While were at it, lets start arresting people who drive big trucks without any passengers or that dont tow anything because those gas guzzlers are polluting the enviorment and wasting gas.
Lets make everyone drive a Geo Metro because 3 > 4, 6 and 8.

Communist bastards!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top