Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just messing around killing time. I noticed that JR has a SC for the RSX type S but not Type R. Is there some reason for that?

(Ahh, it is only in the mid-90s today with a dry breeze. Feels like fall compared to the balmy hell we have had here in Texas the last few weeks.)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfrolang said:
I'm sure it can be supercharged, but probably not as much boost due to the higher compression. I would say that the only reason JR doesn't list one for a K20A-R is because they're not sold in North America.
You think the SC for a Type S could be put on a Type R?

I am just educating myself. I am reading through some of the K forums, HT and the like. I enjoy my ZC, but I am beginning to drool for a K.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Ive been digging into the S/Cing thing for awhile now (for a future project) And I dont see why you couldnt, It should bolt up fine, but you might be limited with how much boost (pully size) you can run on the higher compression K motor. But if you can S/C a b16b and b18c5...I dont see what not. Just depends on how much of a tune you get to prevent detotation.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a stock K20 engine, I've heard the JDM hood will work. But with the SC, it is just gonna be too tall, right?

Compisimo is fabbing a hood for his, I believe. But it isn't SCed as far as I know.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Yeah the JDM hood or "SiR-style" hoods will close on a K20. I have no idea how a supercharger would change that, I've never seen or heard of a blown K-series CRX. Turbo, however, fits nicely on the back side of the engine. :p

John is fabbing a hood because the customer is having a K24 installed, which uses a taller block. At least that's what I've gathered from his posts on the subject.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Charles said:
With a stock K20 engine, I've heard the JDM hood will work. But with the SC, it is just gonna be too tall, right?

Compisimo is fabbing a hood for his, I believe. But it isn't SCed as far as I know.
Yeah I have a K20A and a JDM hood. You have to trim the webbing, but it does clear. The SC will definitly not clear.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1040

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Its possible Charles.... just have to have some creativity ;)

Kinda like this: http://www.iconmedia.tv/icon_galleries/Project_Ultimate_1G/index.html

8)

As for the hood for the K project i'm on right now, it is a K24 with ITBs... the hood will be designed to "work with" the ITBs for both a race and street setup. I can't elaborate more, but it'll be neat. The hood for the supercharger would be more involved, but it could still be done. A supercharged K20A CRX with A/C is NOT out of the question, and is very possible imho. As a matter of fact, the plan for my yellow car was turbo with A/C... the S/C wouldn't complicate matters much more.

So, just send your car with blank check to:

ICON Auto Parts, Inc.
114 Atlantic Annex Point
Maitland, FL 32751

:p :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.