Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 1990 JDM CRX SiR w/B16A freshly swapped in.

Twas fine most of the night, but nearing the end my throttle cable became very loose. Tightened cable and all was fine, but then under acceleration the car would bog down, normal, bog, normal, bog etc. Couple hundred RPM's in difference. I'd pull over, play with the throttle cable, then go and it would be cool, it did that twice but after that no different if I played with the cable, it would do it again a few minutes later.

It revs fine in Neutral.

I'm guessing something to do with fuel?

Thanks for any opinions to the mechanical noob.

Since then I've re-filled the gas tank, run about 70 kms, same problem.

Last night after filling up I punched it on the highway in 3rd, and it ran fine all the way up 3rd and 4th. Then I slowed down to 60 and punched it in 2nd and it bogged all the way up through all gears.

This morning soon as I left the house and the engine was cold I punched it in 2nd and it seemed fine. Soon after though it would bog again. After work I'm going to pick up some injector cleaner and run it through the system.

Any other ideas? I have wednesday off and will be taking it to the dealership that did the swap, and see if they can figure it out.

Jeff
:shock:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From all the other forums I posted on....

Things I have to check:

Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
Distributor/Timing
Throttle plate thingee
Spark Plug Wires
Spark Plugs

All of this started after the throttle cable came loose and I tightened it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Could it be as simple as just adjusting the throttle cable? I know we I did my rebuild I didn't mark the exact location when I removed my throttle cable so when I put it back together it didn't run right. So I just played around with the throttle cable length adjuster to get it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts