Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving and i press the gas and no response but the rpm's are up but its like the engine is not on. i pulled over and the engine wouldt start and i smelled gas. im going to check my spark plugs and dizz right now but if anyone can help that would be great.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Wow....ok.

Please explain in further detail what happened. Then tell us what you got under the hood to make it a bit easier.

From what I gathered, the car wasn't responding and then stalled, and now it doesn't start.

Stalling in our cars are common from bad main relays, old dizzy parts failing and regular aging issues. Sounds like you got gas, so rule out the main relay. Check for spark, if you got spark, and you got gas, then the engine is issue.

To check for spark, have someone crank the engine over and over and hold #1 cyl. spark plug wire to a ground and listen for it. If it ticks, you are getting spark.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i was driving and pressed the gas and had no throttle response.

ok i just checked and im not getting spark.

about 6 months ago this happened and i replaced the cap/rotor and ignition module so you know.

any ideas would help

·
Registered
113 Posts
ef8crazy said:
so i was driving and pressed the gas and had no throttle response.

ok i just checked and im not getting spark.

about 6 months ago this happened and i replaced the cap/rotor and ignition module so you know.

any ideas would help
Did you replace the igniter? The main relay? I would start there. Main relay can be re-soldered or a new one from Honda for about $50. The igniter cost about $60. Although for $150 I just bought a whole new dizzy with a new igniter and coil that has a lifetime warranty.

Good luck

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
about six months ago i replaced the cap/rotor, wires plugs and ignition module so thats why i checked the coil cause it was the only thing i hadnt replaced.

239,000 miles and still running strong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.