Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a car and would like to run a background on a VIN.

Anybody got an active carfax acct.?
If not, ok.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
coldtotouch said:
If not, i'll get one and post it here for use.
Be careful with that one... that is against their TOS, and you COULD be liable for the "Single Vehicle History Report" price for each one of them that gets run by anyone... so for instance if 100 people run a carfax on your account, and carfax decides that you are liable for them, you could wind up on the hook with them for $1999.00 .... i mean, of course you'd dispute this and stuff, but the lawyer would wind up costing more than that more than likely... so you're almost better off either paying it, or you'd have to drag it out a bit, and then offer a settlement or something... but regardless, a BIG pain in the booty!

So, in a nutshell... i wouldn't stick my neck out like that if i were you 8)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
when I was searching for crxs on ebay one seller gave me his carfax login/pw to run his car's vin. next three weeks I used his account to run all the cars I was considering buying...

...yeah so don't give that info out cuz they'll be people like me using it. :twisted:

p.s. he had the "x amount of reports in a month" account so it didn't charge him any money he hadn't already paid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.