Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cheap cat-back exhuast for my car that isnt gonna fall apart on me or anything like that. I want a t304 stainless. I've seen a bunch on ebay (I know most of that stuff is junk), I was just wondering if some of those brands are any good and what ones to definately stay away from, I want to get by as cheap as possible, money is very tight right now. If this makes a difference I have a B18A in a 91 HF, I also have a DC header i'm putting on it tonight.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
The cheapest and best quality you'll get is having one made for you. You could even buy your own piping, just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it together, or find a friend who can weld and will do it for you. I'm very happy with mine, I think I paid a total of 60 bucks for it, including pipe, 24" resonator, muffler, and dual tip.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I bought a universal high flow cat with 2.5" openings off ebay, a cherry bomb muffler (used as a resonator), a universal Oval-shaped Super Trap TurbloII muffler (as the muffler), and had custom 2.5" piping bent at a muffler shop.

My total was somewhere around $185

I later sold the car to mattminerDOTcom, so I don't have any way to get you pics, sorry. I liked it a lot though and plan to replicate it again on this CRX, only with 2" piping and inlets/outlets. The cherry bomb keeps the exhaust note very low until you really open it up. If you do a lot of idle/in town style driving, you'll really like the lower tones. WOT is kind of raspy, but with out 4bangers, you probably wont find an exhaust that is quiet at WOT.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
mithuth said:
I bought a universal high flow cat with 2.5" openings off ebay, a cherry bomb muffler (used as a resonator), a universal Oval-shaped Super Trap TurbloII muffler (as the muffler), and had custom 2.5" piping bent at a muffler shop.

My total was somewhere around $185

I later sold the car to mattminerDOTcom, so I don't have any way to get you pics, sorry. I liked it a lot though and plan to replicate it again on this CRX, only with 2" piping and inlets/outlets. The cherry bomb keeps the exhaust note very low until you really open it up. If you do a lot of idle/in town style driving, you'll really like the lower tones. WOT is kind of raspy, but with out 4bangers, you probably wont find an exhaust that is quiet at WOT.
Mine is 2" and I'd agree about the note.. sounds pretty decent

·
Registered
778 Posts
I just paid $175 for a custom stainless cat-back system made and installed. Can't beat having a shop do custom work when it comes to exhaust systems. Unless you want to buy the pipe, bend and weld it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would but I dont really have a pipe bender and welder just lying around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.