Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this thing? Is this another one of those ebay "fake" products, or would this actually work? I've been needing to get new ground cables for my car and starting looking around for the "aftermarket kits" on ebay, and came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33692&item=7967405526&rd=1

"XCS system store electrical energy at al time to provide stable and sufficient electrical energy whenever there is a voltage drop across the supply when power needed from all parts in the car."

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I think most of it is BS.... yeah having good grounds is a great thing on any vehicle... esp. a CRX.. but the box I am not sure of.... MY first guess is just a capicator to store energy..... yet it may be an RF filter..... either way.... I would personally save my money for some real parts...
I guess it looks cool though.... I look at it this way...... does the increased weight of the product actaully make enough power to compensate for the weight that it assed and then some more to give me " an imporvement" ??? in this cas i would have to say no....

Chris

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's a good way of looking at it Chris. I've often wondered about the value of those ground kits, but I've only realy thought about the dollar amount. I would already find it difficult to justify $40 on some eBay ground wires, but that's a steal compared to the genuine HKS system which goes for about $375 :shock:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
i dont remember which mag it was but they did a write up on the grounding systems. You can actually gain a small amount of power if your grounding in the right places. But the only way to tell is if you have a dyno. I think its b.s. though. If you want a ground kit just buy the wires.

Ive made a few myself ( advantage of working for a battery company ). I used 4 gauge cable and tinned copper lugs. Looks clean. I havent noticed any difference, just looks better. I plan on making some more later so it looks better.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Great idea, just take some hevy wire and make them your self.... you are lucky that you have access to the supplies to make pro grade cables.... however. you can still make a great cable 9 probably better than that Ebay crap) just like you said.... just buy some hevy battery wire or stereo amp wire and the crimp on lugs..... strip the wires and put them in the connector..... heat with a small propane torch and drizzle solder down in there untill its full.... tape up the ends or shrink wrap to keep moisture out and you are golden. . .

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I used 4 gauge welding cable. Very flexible and will carry more current than battery cable. The ends are crimped on but are superb quality. The heat shrink I use actually has a thin layer of glue inside. When you heat it, it shrinks and glues it self down to keep the copper wire from corroding.
Ill try to get some pics up when i make my next ones.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Basically what that box is:
Its a fancy cover for a set of capacitors.
Not worth it IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts