Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I got an extra D16 in the garage that I want to "play with" I'm thinking of tearing it down and re-building it for fun and of course for cheap. Has anyone ever done something like this? I don't want to spend more than a few hundred$ but want to naturally get as much HP. My idea is to get oversized pistons off another honda/acura and doing a backyard port and polish as well as oversizing the TB etc... any suggestions?

Thanks for you help.

Donato

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I don't have any info for ya yet, but I'm interested too. I would like to get a used D16 and "play" with it as well.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
diy turbo baybeeeee! :lol:

Best bang for the buck, and on the cheap... hehe.. j/k.

That would be a pretty fun project, to see how far you can push a D with OEM-ish components.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an old car mag that outlines the interchangable parts between an old 87-89 Integra 88-91 civic/crx and 92+ etc... it showes which pistons are bigger/higher etc... A cheap turbo set up is also another idea but I won't do that till later. 1st I want to open and mod the D see what kind of HP I can get out of it. You see I may be taking the CRX to the track to do some Solo 2 and don't want to out class myself even before I start. Maybe after I can then bastardise it with a cheap home made turbo set up. B series although I of all people can get one for stupid cheap doesn't appeal to me right now.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i have heard rumour of DOHC zc pistons.. .. . . bumping up the comp..... but have not personally tried it so i would never tell you that it works or to go for it untill you knwe for sure... . .
mabye someone else knows. .

Chris

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
toxiclows said:
i have heard rumour of DOHC zc pistons.. .. . . bumping up the comp..... but have not personally tried it so i would never tell you that it works or to go for it untill you knwe for sure... . .
mabye someone else knows. .

Chris
yes the 88-89 integra pistons will bump compression around 11:1 + depending on the headgasket used...

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
yep, thats what I'm planning on once I get the body of mine back in shape. I'm also planning on making an adapter to use the DOHC ZC intake manifold with an A6 head. Eventually I plan to get a cam for it, or upgrade to a Z6/Y8 head.

·
Registered
416 Posts
crxgator said:
yes the 88-89 integra pistons will bump compression around 11:1 + depending on the headgasket used...
I am thinking about going with something like this as well. But I was wanted to go with a6 bottom with a y8 head and intake with a1 pistons. The only thing I am worried about is the 13:1 compression ratio on a DD. Sounds like a fun engine just don't know if it is feasible.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
joshman said:
crxgator said:
I am thinking about going with something like this as well. But I was wanted to go with a6 bottom with a y8 head and intake with a1 pistons. The only thing I am worried about is the 13:1 compression ratio on a DD. Sounds like a fun engine just don't know if it is feasible.
might want to get civic gx pistons then (PCB i believe is the code on them). they have a 10.3-10.5:1 with a6 block and head. the thing is though you would need to use b18a/b rods with them...which is not really a bad thing... :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts