Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah dont know y these codes are coming up but i just swapped in a jdm sohc zc into an 88hf, ima using a pm6 ecu, the codes that come up are the following, #6-coolant sensor,#9-cylinder sensor,#10-air intake temp sensor. i had the o2 and the coolant sensor changed, car runs fine but sometimes at 3000rpm the car like back fires and hesitates for 1 second but it only happens when it is cold, what could be the problem

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I had a problem with the coolant temp sensor once too. It turned out to be a break in the wire inside the plug it self.

the air intake temp sensor is on the intake manifold side, the side by the master cylinder. Its a little white sensor, make sure its plugged up, or not busted like the one on my motor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
black_krix_si said:
I had a problem with the coolant temp sensor once too. It turned out to be a break in the wire inside the plug it self.

the air intake temp sensor is on the intake manifold side, the side by the master cylinder. Its a little white sensor, make sure its plugged up, or not busted like the one on my motor.
yeah i checked it and the air intake temp sensor is not busted everything is good, would those codes cuase the car to run funny at all

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
kantfadedisazn said:
would those codes cuase the car to run funny at all
Helms Manual said:
The CYL sensor detects the position of No.1 cylinder for sequential fuel injection to each cylinder.
The ECU uses coolant temperature primarily to judge when the engine has warmed up. When the engine is cold, the ECU will run a richer air/fuel mix, a higher idle speed and likely adjusts the timing a bit as well.
The ECU uses the air temp sensor to make relatively slight adjustments to the fuel supply. Cold air is more dense than hot air, so the ECU compensates by adding more or less fuel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobski said:
kantfadedisazn said:
would those codes cuase the car to run funny at all
Helms Manual said:
The CYL sensor detects the position of No.1 cylinder for sequential fuel injection to each cylinder.
The ECU uses coolant temperature primarily to judge when the engine has warmed up. When the engine is cold, the ECU will run a richer air/fuel mix, a higher idle speed and likely adjusts the timing a bit as well.
The ECU uses the air temp sensor to make relatively slight adjustments to the fuel supply. Cold air is more dense than hot air, so the ECU compensates by adding more or less fuel.
both codes cleared but i still have only one code left and thats the cylinder sensor #9, car bogs a bit at 3000 rpm anybody know how i can fix it with out getting a new distibuter, cuz that would cost me $388 from the auto part store

·
Registered
428 Posts
Whith multiple codes, the first thing I would check is if your ground connections are good. Check the one on yout thremostat housing, under your battery and tranny, and on the valve cover.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have a sohc zc in a 88 hf as well and i ran into the same problems redid me grounds. reset me ecu and she runs fine. im ran the pm6 to for a while but i suggest running the 88-89 integra PG7 ecu bc its a lil more aggressive fuel curve and the 7500rpm fuel cut off compared to the 7000rpm fuel cut off of the pm6 just a tip :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts