Honda CRX Forum banner

Chip???

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Dereka67 
#1 ·
One of my buddies has a Focus and he bought a flasher made by Superchips. I like the options that the flasher offers and I would like to get one.I looked and it seemed that Superchips only makes products for domestics. So here is my question is there another brand I could get. The reason is that I have a 91 dx with a/t and it shifts out of first to early imo. Could a get a chip, is there anything I could do to the ecu? I plan an doing a MPFI swap would that matter wit a chip, or flasher?

#2 ·
You can 'chip' the ECU which means you remove the stock chip and solder in a new chip. People usually solder in a chip socket so you can pop in and out new chips. You can buy everything needed to do this for around $100. You can use free programs such as CROME to do the fuel curves.

As for setting the shifting points, the shifting done is mechanically I am thinking. There is a bracket on the TB somewhere you can adjust to let the car rev longer until it shifts (I think). Mine usually shifts at about 4500 when I get on it. If I want it to stay in gear I just use D2 and D3.

I've ordered stuff from here: http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=prod_cover

You'll need to find the right ECU for MPFI swap with an auto tranny and some other brackets.

#5 ·
TB = throttle body

The cable runs from the front of the transmission (left of the front mount) up to the TB. It attaches to the same bracket on the TB as the throttle cable. But like I said, I don't think adjusting it will change the shift points at WOT. It will just make the transmission hold its gear longer at less than WOT, because it will think the throttle position is more open than it actually is. I could be wrong though.

#6 ·
Ok I found the wire, and I see two places that it looks like it adjusts. One right behind the tb and one right behind the left side of the radiator. Neither one I could get to turn, so Im I tring to adjust in the wrong spot? If so then how do I do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.