Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a decent exhaust and can prob pull it for a good price. It is a Thermal Research & Developement full cat back exhaust. It retails new between $500-$600 usually and can prob nab it for around $200. It is used but is in good shape. I have had this type of exhaust before on a previous Civic hatch of mine and loved the way it sounded, soft, not loud and fart can like. I was planning down the road on either getting one of these anyway or looking for an RsR exhaust, but then i found this piece.

The point of all this, i know they have different part numbers, but anyone know how well this would fit or how it would have to be modified to fit the Crx? Any info or input would be helpful.

Some pics of the acutual piece:
Only bad part is that the car that this was on had the battery in the trunk. It ended up getting knocked over and apparentely dripped battery acid through the empty spare tire area and onto the muffler, thus removing the chrome.
Other than that, its in good shape.

The carnage:

This is the car it originally came off of. You won't see the "battery damage" because of the way it sits on the car anyway.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Personally I wouldn't. My car came with the Thermal R&D exahust, and I gave it to Jared and made my own. I think it sounds a little bit ricey. He ended up cutting the tip off and welding on one like mine with the glasspacks.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
downest said:
Personally I wouldn't. My car came with the Thermal R&D exahust, and I gave it to Jared and made my own. I think it sounds a little bit ricey.
This would have been my 2nd Thermal Exhaust, but i'm too late, he already sold the exhaust.
As for it being ricey, i loved the 1st one i had on my old hatch and it didn't sound ricey at all, it was quiet but still had a deep tone to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.