Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from the local Honda dealer where I got my sticky fingers all over a '07 Civic Coupe Si. {drool} But I am somewhat bothered by the guilt of making my kids climb into the back seat of a coupe. So I am holding out until they get a Si Sedan in stock before I make a choice.

I really prefer the looks of the Coupe, but the Sedan is so much more practical.

I will keep you posted.

Scott

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'd definitely get the coupe, but I think it's kinda cool that a sedan is available, and for only about $200 more. A friend of mine who wants a 4 door is looking at the Si, and she wouldn't be if the Si was only available as a coupe. As for me, I don't even need more than 2 seats, much less 4 doors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SETI20 said:
Then get a black one :lol:
I'm more interested in the mugen upgraded interior and engine/suspension mods.
AFAIK there are no engine mods and the suspension stuff is lowering springs and a larger rear sway bar. I do not need to hang my laundry to dry on that big wing, and the badges are of little consequence to me.

MarkWilliamson said:
Trust me on this one. The kids want you to buy the cooler looking car.
Yeah, they have not been shy about letting me know about it. The clincher may be the finacee who is pushing for the coupe also.

Scott

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Eh, I don't really like either one that much, but the coupe is better. If you want a sedan with the room, get the TSX if you can afford it. I like the looks of it better from the driver's seat, no goofy space ship gauges.

Still... neither compares to the CRX...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honda of Hollywood got their first Si Sedan last night and I went to go see it on my lunch hour. Sitting in the show room, the engine was still warm from where they had driven it in from the wash ramp.

The Sedan is still not my aesthtic ideal, the coupe is more stylish. But the rear seat access that the two extra doors provide is important for a family guy who occasionally takes four out to dinner.

I asked to drive a Si, coupe or Sedan but they only had the showroom car in inventory. For comparison sake, I did drive a manual Civic coupe which was pleasant and peppy driver. And I am sure that the 60 extra hp will only improve my largely favorable impression.

I may have made the deal to buy right then and there for the showroom model... but it was painted the single color I do not like- it is an orangey sort of red metalic. If I am going to buy a new car, I might as well get it in a color that does not make me retch when ever I look at it.

I told the sales weasel to call me when he gets another one in any other color than something in the red end of the color spectrum.

So I am set, it will be a sedan.

Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.