Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The #1 fan position switch doesn't work in my car. I pulled the resistors out, and sure enough, one of them is broken. They are so small I'm not really comfortable soldering them. Does anyone happen to know how much resistance each one has? I was thinking of getting some new resistors and just soldering them in. I would check but my multimeter slipped under the rear cargo area into the swimming pool around my spare, it's drying out now, hopefully it's not completely effed up.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Tom:
I'd recommend just replacing the resistor asy.
I know that majestic has em for around $20 USD.Link here Item #5
I've never heard of anyone resoldering the resistors.
GL mang.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking of that, I know it's cheap, but resistors are less than a dollar each! Seriously, the reason I wanted to do it is just that they look so flimsy, ceramic power resistors would be a lot better I think, even if they took up more space.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I think the issue is in finding resistors that can handle the wattage. Consider that the blower has a 30 amp fuse and it's own ignition switch contact. The blower resistors are mounted in the housing to assure proper cooling... I think the "flimsy" design is there simply to dissapate heat better.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Agreed. Those are monster ohm resistors, not like the tiny kind you get at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ceramic power resistors would do the job fine I'm sure, I'm not talking about the little bean ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts