Honda CRX Forum banner

Clutch info/experience needed

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jfrolang 
#1 ·
I'm just curious, is there such thing as "glazing" the clutch? I'm not sure what hte ocmmon term used is, but what I'm asking about is this.

If you rev a car up to high RPMs and let out the clutch, can it put a sort of glaze over the clutch that would prevent it from gripping until the "glaze" wears off the clutch?

The reason I ask, the CRX i just bought was frozen to the ground, and I used the engine/clutch to attempt to break it free of the gorund and drive it out, but the car was too frozen to move it. I'd rev it up and let out the clutch and the car wouldn't budge. I think I "glazed" the clutch, because now that I've put about 100 miles on it, the clutch seems to be gripping a bit better. I have no doubt it needs replaced, but it seems to be gripping better as time goes on.

#4 ·
Yeah, it was around 5 degrees out and I was revving to around 5-6K and dumping the clutch to try and break it free... lol.

I don't have any grip in the clutch grab until it is almost an inch from full release, then it grabs ok, but not enough to take off properly form a dead stop. I kinda have to let it out almost all hte way before adding any gas to get going.

I've got a nexcedy clutch kit here, but I kind of want ot save it for the ZC I am getting, if I don't have to use it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.