Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, lets see, where should i start. Ah, it all started with the tach fluctuating higher RPM's. You guys said replace the distributor, which I did and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately, on Monday that distributor seized. I put the old one back in, and then replaced its coil with the one from the seized dist. Now the tach won't go below a grand even when the car is shut off. And the car is throwing a code 17. After looking at the book I found out that its a vehicle speed sensor. Other than that I can't find anything in the book about it. I was talking to a mechanic friend of mine who gave me a printout of test procedures that's two pages long. Hoping you guys know what the answer to my problem are.

· Registered
9,754 Posts
If it's out of the tranny, your speedo won't work. I was getting code 17 when my cable broke with the end stuck in the tranny. More than likely it's your cluster... and I seem to remember you had modified your cluster right?

· Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just has white face gauges. The speedo seems to work fine, its the tach thats been messing up. I'll check the cable to see if anything is wrong. Now that i think of it, the cable into the speedo has been making a semi loud claking sound, but i havent thought anything of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.