Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, lets see, where should i start. Ah, it all started with the tach fluctuating higher RPM's. You guys said replace the distributor, which I did and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately, on Monday that distributor seized. I put the old one back in, and then replaced its coil with the one from the seized dist. Now the tach won't go below a grand even when the car is shut off. And the car is throwing a code 17. After looking at the book I found out that its a vehicle speed sensor. Other than that I can't find anything in the book about it. I was talking to a mechanic friend of mine who gave me a printout of test procedures that's two pages long. Hoping you guys know what the answer to my problem are.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
vss is either the Speedo cable out of the cluster or the transmission. Check the tranny first, then if its good pull the cluster out and make sure its seated in it. Reset ecu, see if the speedo works.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
If it's out of the tranny, your speedo won't work. I was getting code 17 when my cable broke with the end stuck in the tranny. More than likely it's your cluster... and I seem to remember you had modified your cluster right?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just has white face gauges. The speedo seems to work fine, its the tach thats been messing up. I'll check the cable to see if anything is wrong. Now that i think of it, the cable into the speedo has been making a semi loud claking sound, but i havent thought anything of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.