Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i am relokatin my bat one it wont even do nothing when i havew it in the back everythin is hooked up right the wire from the starter and the wire from the fusebox r connected to the wire im leadin to the back and then i have the other cable grounded i swapped with the ground for the fuel pump whitch is now grounded at the e brake. i gave up and moved the batter back up front bc it wasnt doing nothing and i have to go somewhere tongiht i put everything back together the way it was and now im tripping code 20 it just wont turn over it wants to but it wont i did once but turned off in like 2 sec help me asap

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well i as of right now i am tripping the code 20 eld electlrical load detector. what is it what does it mean what is wrong i have no clue ive nevver run into this problem before i was mooving my batter to the back i got but changed my mind bc i have to drill and tap a hole to ground it and i dont have a good drill bit so i have to wait till school. so i undid all the wiring and put it back up front the way it is set up originally
just with new top post terinals. everything is hooked up right the wire from the starter and the wire from the fuse box on the red terminal and i have the black terminal grounded down by the clutch cable where it is sopoose to be. i need some help what could code 20 mean in this instance. o ya and the fuses r fine

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
on the fuse box where the starter runs to there is a connection right next to it. there should be a white wire that comes from the alternator to that spot from the main engine harness. Did you hook it back up?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup shes hooked up . u think i might have fried some wires in the harness?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Funbelly said:
i have the black terminal grounded down by the clutch cable where it is sopoose to be.
That ground wire is supposed to go: - battery terminal to frame rail (under the battery tray) to the clutch bracket. If it isn't connected to the frame rail, alot of the car's electrical bits are being forced to ground through the valve cover wire.
ELD is the electrical load detector. It is a sensor built into the fuse box that tells the ECU (engine control unit) how much power the car's electrical system is using. The ELD error code is common when there is an engine or ECU grounding issue... The ELD itself doesn't have any moving parts, so it rarely wears out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts