Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Tein gets around the confusion and the whole explanation by just welding their sleeve to the shock body, and calling it a full coilover anyway :p

(This is the HA (no longer in production afaik), not sure on the others, i haven't cared enough to even recognize their existance lately... haha! :lol: )

·
Registered
298 Posts
Capuchin said:
if i where to get sleeve coilovers would i have to get shocks as well
I would say you should. Most sleeve-type coilovers run linear springs with higher than stock spring rates (I believe most of them are around 400lbs. pending on application). And factory shocks are matched with very soft springs, so they wouldn't stand up to the higher rates. But I think you should fair well if you don't go "slammed"; just a mild drop.

For example, a friend of mine runs generic coilovers on his DC integra which are fairly stiff, and has been running with them for about 3 years already. The ride isn't too bad and his shocks are still holding up quite well, but then again, he isn't slammed. He's probably an 1.5" drop all around as of right now.

But, since you do all the work to get the coilovers installed, why not replace the shocks as well? It's less of a hassle in the future.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use Koni Yellows and love em. They allow you to adjust rebound and are perfect for 400lbs. springs. I occasionally do auto-x and i like how they perform and function. The only draw back is that they are a bit pricey. If your just looking for something for street use and cheaper, I'd probably look into the Tokico Blues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.