Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate seeing pictures of nice CRXs. it makes me feel bad for not having the money to take better care of mine.

I love my car and probably always will, but its far from the best shape of its life. i got a few dings, a big ole dent in my passenger side door, a mad tyte custom front bumper (thanks to a ditch :oops: ), a leaky everything... rust... i could go on forever.

I cant wait until i get out of college and have time/money/skill to fix or make better everything on my CRX. it'll be awesome. 8)

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Give it time chuck.
If you love that little car like I know you do,it will be a nice one.
My suggestion:eek:ne project at a time.
I save $$$ out of my check every week to keep mine nice.
Good luck with her charlie.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
People only ever show off their car when it looks really good. For every good looking CRX out there, there are probably 50 crappy looking ones...and cars almost always look better in their pictures than they do in person. Think of it this way, when you finally get around to fixing up your car the way you like, what are you gonna do? You're going to post lotsa pictures, right? :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Its hard to do (for me, at least), but fix the parts of the car that need fixed before you get performance or visually inhancing parts. Theres nothing worse than a car with a body kit, nice wheels, a huge rust spot, and random duct tape. I want to get my IM port and polished this week, but as much as it hurts to do, I need to get my window fixed first. Ahhh, the agony!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I agree, i just picked up a decent 91 Hf for a daily Driver ( i'll post pics soon) and it also came with a nice set of gun metal wheels. well i stuck them on.. . but it kinda looks a little odd with a nice exhaust, a header the cool wheels and then you have the dent in the rear 1/4 panel and the 3 inch rust spot on the door... .. and trust me brown rust stands out like a sore thumb on a frost white car. .

Chris

keep plugging away at what is ailing it fixing all of the basic stuff first and then worry about performance... . Ill admit it it is kind of embarrassing driving my slow as a snail Hf around with a nice sounding exhaust and nice rims... .. everyone pipes me up. and i feel like a tool. . .. . but hey, At least i am in a CRX. . .Im still cooler than they are in there " fast cars"

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i feel a little better about her now.

i got my dad to drive my car around my road while i stood by and watched... i didnt realize how good is sounds! its loud as heck with a nice low pitched roar 8)

·
Registered
218 Posts
GetCaughtDead said:
I feel your pain, man. I'm in the same boat, beat up rex and no money.
If you guys are in a "boat" of crappy cars and an empty wallet, I must be the captain. Here's some pics of my rex last summer... its now primered one color the whole way around, but here's what I was driving around for a month or 2 over the summer...

Like I said, it looks a little bit better now that its one color (flat black), but even if it still looks like crap at least now I have some decent speed to back it up. :wink:

Good luck, one day you will be proud of what you've done it. Just have lots of patience.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey, at least you have one. Some of us don't have even a rusty CRX anymore and it makes us sad. And by "us", I mean "me".

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
CrxCarl said:
Hey, at least you have one. Some of us don't have even a rusty CRX anymore and it makes us sad. And by "us", I mean "me".
Ya, I'd be kinda down too if I didn't have a rex right now. Any plans to get another one sometime soon? I think buying a new crx is probably one of the funnest experiences there is. I enjoyed it so much last time that I hope to do it again...and again... ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yeah, I will be looking for one in the next few months. But, it all depends on how easily I can sell my Civic. Time will tell. I don't want another rusty one. It will have to be clean. I am a teacher so my summers are free so making a trip cross country will not be a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yep, mine died a couple months back and i am dying to find a new one. it's crazy tho, cuz i see crx all the time now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts