Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed and used the competition engineering tie rods. Here's their website for reference:

http://www.competitionengineering.com/c ... Code=21003

I just installed them on my HF. When i went to do a rough alignment in order to drive it to a parking spot nearby, I found out that the tie rod tubes included were too long!

I set it up so the rod ends on both sides of each tube where flush with the tube. This should provide the maximum toe-out, but it still caused the wheels to have significant toe-in (a bit more than 1 inch on each side).

The tie rods I got said "CRX" on them, so unless they were mislabeled i'm sure i orderd the correct ones. Is the HF rack by any chance longer than the Si?

Has anyone used these tie rods before on their crx? If so, do you have any advice?

Thanks

-Stef

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I helped with some of this tonight... I'm very disappointed with the CE tie rods. The inner heim joints didn't fit right, once the rack-side bracket was bolted in. I had to grind down the back of the outer part to allow them to rotate freely. The bolts supplied to hold the inner joints to the bracket use nylon nuts, one of which seemed to have stripped (but wouldn't come off). With the other, I didn't even try to torque it all the way to 70 ftlbs.

To clarify more, the box listed 92-97 civic, Del Sol, CRX, and CVCC as applications.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Richrowa said:
"For racing only, not indended for street use"

Never have seen them, but I'm always nervous when they state "for racing only" and then have typo in their description.
A lot of parts say that, to cover them if you do something stupid with "racing parts" on the street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.