Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've heard some people say that wheel hop is really bad for an LSD. Can anyone confirm this? I've been looking for a definitive answer. I really don't want my Quaife to blow up on me. :D

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Actually stick,
The LSD is made so that wheel hop will be kept to a minimum.
Wheel hop occurs in our little beauties because the open diff is constantly transferring power from one wheel to the other AND the frt strut bar bushings are soft and allow forward & rear flex of the control arm.

I have never heard of a quaife "blowing up"from wheel hop.

Hey,If ya want sell me your LSD(quaife). I'll give ya a few bucks for it! :lol:

·
Registered
634 Posts
A lot of wheel hop problems can be traced back to the radius rod bushings in the front crossmember. The stock ones are really soft, and allow for quite a bit of up-n-down AND fore-n-aft movement of the suspension (to help keep the ride softer). Stiffer radius rod bushings can do wonders. Davens installed urethane bushings in his front suspension when he did his B18b install (w/Honda LSD), and he was having some bad problems with wheel hop. He installed a JimFab front crossmember, and the problems VANISHED. I think the JimFab might be a bit of overkill, but it definitely worked. If it were me (cheapo that I am), I'd try to locate some urethane radius rod bushings first, and look to replacing the entire front crossmember as a last resort.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts