Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

So just bought my second crx which I'm going to use my first as a doner car.

I'm in Europe and the country I live in recenly made a law that do not allow modifications on you vehicle which sucks!

However! Any previous mods made and placed on the log stays.

So my confusing question is. On the log book it says that I have a 1.6 jhmed9 to which I understand to be a 1.6 sohc with a d16 engine 110 hp. Now the engine that is registered is a b16a which I know is a sir 160 hp.

Can someone clarify whether its just the engine thats registered as a sir or if they made a ed9 sir with a b16a engine???

Both contradict themselves from my understanding

BTW I bought the car with no engine

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very specific question unique to your country.
From what I know, true European Crx that came with the B16 will always have a chassis code of EE8.
Imported JDM Crx will have chassis code EF8.

DOHC ZC usually have code EF7.

ED8 and ED9 are base model and Si model in the US.

ED9 should have sohc D16A or ZC engines.

·
Registered
20,171 Posts
Hi all.

So just bought my second crx which I'm going to use my first as a doner car.

I'm in Europe and the country I live in recenly made a law that do not allow modifications on you vehicle which sucks!

However! Any previous mods made and placed on the log stays.

So my confusing question is. On the log book it says that I have a 1.6 jhmed9 to which I understand to be a 1.6 sohc with a d16 engine 110 hp. Now the engine that is registered is a b16a which I know is a sir 160 hp.

Can someone clarify whether its just the engine thats registered as a sir or if they made a ed9 sir with a b16a engine???

Both contradict themselves from my understanding

BTW I bought the car with no engine
Hard question to have answered on a US based forum.

May want to ask on a forum based in Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts