Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help

where do these exactly hook up at? anyone got diagrams or verbal tellings?

i know these are vac lines but which goes where on the intake mani?

possible ac?

and these, where do they go, they come off the 3rd hole on the uper part of the intake mani

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Ok.. the first pic looks like you still have a charcoal canister... ditch that. I'm having trouble seeing what you have, but here's what you need for the A6 manifold:

One vac line going from the TB to the MAP sensor on the firewall (circled in blue)

One from the FPR to the rightmost nipple on the plenum (red, FPR missing)

PCV larger hose going to the middle (large) plenum nippple (yellow)

one small vac line from the diaphragm thing on the TB to the left small nipple on the plenum (the one that's attached on one end)

large vac line from brake booster to intake mani (light blue)

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Ok that is the MAP and the purge control solenoid. There are 2 plugs running to that as well. Yours looks weird, but then again I haven't seen the stock Si MAP sensor in a long time. This is my old one (I have a TB mounted MAP now):

You might have extra EGR stuff there since it's an HF. Can you get yet another pic of that closer up? I have the piece you need if it's not there, but it's in NY.

Right below it is a black canister. Get rid of that crap, you don't need it (you can see it in my pic as well).

Looking good so far though, header looks bling. I see you also had to replace the hood hinge :) Tuck that fusebox while you're doing the wiring too.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wire tuckin is too much for me at this point i just wnt to get it running lol

so i need to just get rid of the canister? you still have it on yours? the thing the red lines are coming out of?

ok and i need a differnet vac system then for the si?

i appriciate your help bro

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
You don't need to get rid of the canister, but I can tell you it's not doing anything and it's more vac lines to run.
The HF must have the MAP, but I can't tell you where it is in that. In my pic you can see the thing on the firewall, it's different than what you have (forgot I had this diagram pic I made of the last one):

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
No I don't think you have to. Check your manual and figure out where the MAP sensor is in that mess. If you want an Si one I have one, with the bracket. It would be a lot cleaner looking at the least. I think the BEST option would be to just get a Z6 or Y8 manifold with the throttle body mounted MAP sensor.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
shadowcrx said:
need help

where do these exactly hook up at? anyone got diagrams or verbal tellings?

braided line to the tb, the bent tube in the center. Other line to the one to the right of it.

possible ac?
not really sure. maybe they connect to the AC relays?
green- AC fan
red-again, something with the AC, my car doesn't have that plug iirc
white- thermostat switch connection

and these, where do they go, they come off the 3rd hole on the uper part of the intake mani
One goes to the (middle I believe) to the PCV valve, the other to the FPR

The HF MAP works with the Si, however it can be a pita to run lines to. I would just look for an Si MAP.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got the pcv valve one, tthe one in the last pic comes of of the farthest drivers side on the intake mani, then it has a spliter, both those are off the one tube

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
rex2nr said:
braided line to the tb, the bent tube in the center. Other line to the one to the right of it. [/quote]

correction: the solid red vacuum hose goes to the top of the charcoal canister, not the tb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.