Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have another question about my manifold..... I'm doing an MPFI swap and I know where everything goes except for one coolant line...I believe it's supposed to go to a connector on the main engine hose, but on my DX there's no plug for it....my DX engine hose has one big hose plug(the 180 degree hose), and one beside it that goes to the EAVC, but my mpfi manifold has another smaller hose that the DPFI manifold didn't have, and I can't find anywhere that it would connect to.....so if someone could let me know exactly where it goes, or if I can leave it unplugged, or if I could possibly hook up a T-adapter with the other coolant hose that would be great.

Here's a picture of the hose in question.

http://www.mountaincable.net/~egodwin/coolant.jpg

Sorry for the stupid question, I'm learning!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... however that diagram is showing the EACV line going into the water inlet pipe and not the manifold...could the line I'm not sure about possibly be for the "optional engine oil cooler line"??

·
Registered
327 Posts
Possibly,if the original engine was so equipt..

Here is a shot of a d16a6 circa 1990:

I looked at two more intakes I have and neither had that fitting there..
PS>On an Hf intake I also have,someone had capped it off...

·
Registered
123 Posts
why do you wanna hook them up anyway? It will make the air going in the manifold hotter, and you can run it without them safely you wont overheat. Get a few more ponies out of the swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.