Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had my crx for seven months and now I have my first mechanical problem.

It seems the radiator has opened up along the top seam. (all metal rad.) A dribble of coolant flows out on the top, engine side, just over from the center of the radiator. Engine is not overheating at all, but I smelled coolant, and that's what I found when I went to investigate.

The expansion tank was dry, and from refilling the radiator, I estimate it was half to three-quarters full. So luckly I can continue driving it until I can fix it, I'll just keep topping it off.

My question: is this a factor of it being old, or could there be another problem? If this is normal that an old radiator pops open, then cool (no pun intended), I'll just slap another radiator in there and be back in the saddle. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel kind of dumb right now. The radiator is NOT all metal. It has plastic endcaps and the seal has opened up from the core to the plastic end. No big deal.

I guess when I see my car leaking fluids I just overreact. Bought a new rad. tonight at an auto parts store, putting it in sunday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.