Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you all heard of this? I have a Mini fan in my class and apparently you can bolt a B16 into a Cooper Mini (the original lightweight version). Bizarre.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Seriously... Did they have to rotate the distributor 90° to clear the brake booster? :shock:
I guess if you tried this on a LHD mini, you would have to use a K20. ^_^

·
Registered
62 Posts
Before this post I'd never heard of or seen a mini with a honda motor.Those mini's are cool.I'd love to put one of those together.Imagine a mini with a type r.HOLY #$*!.Another project to dream about :idea:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Have fun changing THAT timing belt. I saw those links a couple of years ago...awesome little project, but I bet it's quite a hassle to shove in there as well as work on.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I recently saw one of those with a B18C6 R-motor wedged in there. These things have madddd heat soak issues. But as long as they keep moving they're fast beyond belief.

I saw it overtake an MR2-turbo with ease coming out the hairpin on to the straight on a local track.

I've also seen an elise with a B18C6 and one with a K20. Those are even cooler...and sound awesome too. Engine is in backwards tho :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
People have been racing those mini's since the '60's, they flat out-handle anything.
Power was an issue, until they stuffed the ZC\B series engines in them...
I'd love to drive one, course I'd have to change the seat position to get my fat ass in...lol

Geez, a K20?? I bet that is a rocket.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I heard those cars are easy to flip over and lose control of because the Honda motor can make the car go so much faster than it probably should. Sure it would be a blast to drive but very unstable at high speeds. I remember reading an article on Takuma Sato's favorite car, which was an original Mini Cooper. He said it took quite a bit of effort to drive the car going 70+ mph.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You guys won't believe this, but I have 3 mint condition Austin Mini's in my garage right now. My dad is crazy about them.

One is modded, and kicked the ass off my 240SX.

One is a 30th Anniversary edition, all original.

One is black and plain, but mint.

Stuffing a B16 into them is a common thing. You need to extend the front subframe and mod some other things, but as you can see it works, and it's SOOOOO worth it!

·
Registered
364 Posts
baker_jeff said:
You guys won't believe this, but I have 3 mint condition Austin Mini's in my garage right now. My dad is crazy about them.

One is modded, and kicked the ass off my 240SX.

One is a 30th Anniversary edition, all original.

One is black and plain, but mint.

Stuffing a B16 into them is a common thing. You need to extend the front subframe and mod some other things, but as you can see it works, and it's SOOOOO worth it!
We need pictures please... :D

-James-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.