Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what's the difference between the 2005 and 2006 tC, besides a couple of hundred dollars? Secondly, I heard the TRD supercharger doesn't come with an intercooler. Is that true? and can I add one without voiding the car's warranty?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
All I know is that for the price of a TC and supercharger (up to 200 HP), you could build a KILLER CRX. I'm just all about cheap cars. If I HAD to buy new, I'd definitely look at the TC because it's a sweet, relatively inexpensive vehicle. But if I had the choice between spending that much on a TC, or putting that much into my rex, no contest. I'd build the rex. Sorry, I'm no help.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I'll ask my buddy here in detroit tomorrow.
He runs the local scion ring round here and I'm sure he knows.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ollie!

crxfisher, I know what you mean. I really did love my rex at one point, and I swear I will own another. the next one will be a project/hobby car only. call me crazy, but I'm going to make a serious effort to make my next crx a glass top SiR, which I promise to love and cherish for as long as we both shall live!

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
GetCaughtDead said:
Does anybody know what's the difference between the 2005 and 2006 tC, besides a couple of hundred dollars?
According to my source only a few more added color options and price was the difference.

GetCaughtDead said:
Secondly, I heard the TRD supercharger doesn't come with an intercooler. Is that true? and can I add one without voiding the car's warranty?
My local guy here said that is true the TRD supercharger kit does not come with a IC.He told me that its such a low boost that TRD didnt feel the added cost of the IC was necessary,but he thinks that TRD does offer a IC as an option.So then if its an option your warranty question would be no a TRD option would not void the warranty.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well typically the way the warranty works is that you can do almost anything to the car, but if the part that you replaced is the cause of a problem, it'll void the warranty. The way it was explained to me is that the techs would have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem in order to void anything. But things like a supercharger will definitely void any warranty if the car didn't already have one.

But those TRD superchargers are pretty nice. I used to have a 7th gen celica, so I looked into TRD a lot. But I believe that since TRD is technically OEM, you can get warranties on those parts and it wouldn't void anything else, but don't quote me on that. About the IC... Cold air > *, so I don't think it would hurt...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from what I've heard on the matter, if the TRD s.c. is installed by the dealer, it doesn't void the warranty. I'll definitely be making sure before getting one, but that's supposed the be the extra cool part about the TRD s.c.

drr86 said:
The way it was explained to me is that the techs would have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem in order to void anything. But things like a supercharger will definitely void any warranty if the car didn't already have one.
In general, though, I think *most* warranty's are voided by any mechanical part that didn't come from the factory or the dealer. (it should be noted that I've never owned a new car with a warranty tho.) What you're saying makes sense though, except I'd say that's probably only because if the part didn't break the car, you wouldn't be taking it in for repairs, so no one would ever find out! 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.