Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
At least this one has a silver lining, bad luck but sounds like it might turn out to be ok!

Now all you need to do is get hold of a Mugen (copy) front to finish it off nicely! :wink:

Ash

·
Registered
750 Posts
coz said:
g4crx said:
Did they hit the wheel?
Yes, the shop is going to send the wheel out to check if its true and they are also going to do an alignment.
Good to hear, the last thing you want to do is find this out after they have setteled the claim.

Good luck with it all!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
dang thats a expensive repair $2300 for a new quater panel and some oem clips and screws. I wouldnt take my car their if the gov't wasnt paying the bill. And i dont know $3000 for a paint job exterior only?? or interior and exterior.

But ya good thing you dont have to worry about the cost. That sucks though that you car got hit, if someone hit my freakin crx when im done with... All the hours invested i think ill just freaking hit them with a breaker bar.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
jfish360 said:
dang thats a expensive repair $2300 for a new quater panel and some oem clips and screws. I wouldnt take my car their if the gov't wasnt paying the bill.
Its funny to me how much people undervalue good bodywork. That price sounds about right.... any less, and they are cuttig corners in the place where you don't want them to. The new OEM 1/4 (If they can find one... the passenger-side 1/4 is pretty much impossible to find, and the drivers-side won't be too far behind it) costs around $800 by itself, depending on if you get the whole thing, or just a 'sectional' version, which can cost a little less. Then start doing hte math, figuring at least $65-70 per hour, and then fogure out how many hours it'll take htem to get done. It isn't a lot of hours they have to do it in, so even at that dollar figure, they'll still be rushing so that the shop makes a profit on it.

Sorry to hear about your car man! Get it fixed RIGHT! ;)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
To get my car painted and fixed professionally, by a guy who paints hot rods and cusotm cars, heres my deal.

The guy wanted 4k to do the whole thing start to finish, and this is a friend. That was drop off the car, and hell go through it, fix the whole thing and replace all the seals and gaskets.

If my best friend and I strip the car (trim, windows etc), do all the body work (dent removal, weld up some extra holes) and all the prep (scuff the car down, tape off, etc) hes going to do it for 1500 (which covers house of colors paint, materials, his time, and shop space). I still think its a great deal. Ive budgeted 2500 for replacement trim pieces, seals, gaskets, misc costs, and his fee.

Hopefully this is coming in the springtime. You cant put a price on a good paintjob (or good bodywork)...its like artwork when you find someone whos truly good at bodywork (my best friend) or painting (this guy). 25 years of painting cars at that level makes a difference.

Hell, with osmoen else footing the bill, go to the most expensive place possible.

[email protected]

·
Registered
633 Posts
Check the trailing arm, I've seen a few get bent from from less damage, hell, I bent one just catching a curb to close once.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
The driver's side quarter panel should still be available from Honda. The driver's side will only be available as long as it's in stock though. The passenger side is apparently sold out and they're not going to make more.

I would have them do the estimate as if they're just going to repaint the panel and blend it in, and then ask how much extra it will cost to paint the whole car. You don't want to get caught defrauding the government, but you can probably have them tack on 10% or so in additional labor time, I think you could get away with that. They can't really audit it, but you have to make sure not to look like you're trying to get more than you're supposed to.

I like the stock look, but if you're dead set on the WW kit just have them paint it, and install it yourself. It should be fairly easy if you can handle R&Ring the bumpers.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.