Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an 89 CRX on an auction site here, $250 (about 170 US) for an '89 1600dohc with efi, went and had a test drive, couldn't believe how hard it went really, pretty smashed up tho. The auction didn't meet reserve so I bought it off the guy for $350, figuring if it's unfixable I could probably sell the engine, gearbox, mags and radiator to get my money back. it's one with the glass roof

At the moment I'm running bolts through the light frames to hold the bonnet down, the bumper's held on by screws into the guards (I removed the metal frame that's meant to hold it on since it was mangled) the slam plate (or whatever the thing is that holds the bonnet down normally) is kicking around somewhere since it stopped the bonnet closing properly. Surprisingly this didn't even get a comment on my warrant of fitness sheet.

I found out how awesome these things are for skids (and the tires failed the warrant of fitness) so both my front tires are worn to the wires, the right rear has a flatspot through the first set of wire, and the left rear is currently in the boot with a big hole in it. (running a biscuit there)

Anyway, my question is, because a new windscreen would cost me $400, and as you can probably tell I like doing things cheaply, would any other windscreen fit the car? there seem to be lots of first generation CRX's that people are dismantling, (rust i think mostly), so this would cost me probably $150 + installation... Or perhaps a civic windscreen fits?

Also what bonnets fit second gen CRX's? mine could do with replacing, i guess.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
You'll need an 88-91 CRX windshield, 84-87 don't fit and civic glass doesn't fit either.

What hood (bonnet) do you have on there now? I'm thinking you have either a ZC or a B16A, which each have specific hoods. Hoods are interchangeable between 88-91 CRXs and Civic hatchbacks, so if you see one from those years that matches the design of yours, it will work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.