Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a seat for my weekend fun CRX Si that I have stripped. I am wanting something that is somewhat comfortable for an hour drive. I want something more geared towards racing than towards long drives in the country side. Any recommendations? I am also looking at 5 point harnesses. Any recommendations on those?

thanks

-nick

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grouch said:
Check out the Corbeau Forza (or Forza II if you carry some extra heft) for a fixed back "racing" seat.
If you want to maintain reclining adjustment, look at the A4. These look/fit great in a crx.

Corbeau offers a good quality seat at a price that won't break the bank.

http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml
do you have a set, have you sat in them before? i don't know if i should use my stock DX brackets with the seat or just buy the ones they offer. they are 89 bucks though for the mounting brackets...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've sat in several.
I'm somewhat of a seat fetishist. Too bad I have champagne taste and a kool-aid budget.

I'm on like my third set of stock SI seats. Talk about musical chairs. I've decided that I should just go ahead and get some new aftermarket seats.
I'm leaning toward the A4 wide myself.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
I have a brand new set of these for $250 with no rails.

If someone on here buys them Ill toss in an SFI approved red 5 point harness for free.

The seats are great for the $$$, full reclining. Dont know how I would hsip them anywhere, but imopen to suggestions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Speaking of which... someone wants me to ship the Si seats out to Chicago. Has anyone shipped seats before? I want to know what's the best way to package them and what's an estimate of what it will cost. I don't even have a scale here so I can't weigh them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like you'd prefer the Forzas...go try a set on. Click the find dealer link off their website and see if they have a showroom.

On shipping seats. I bought a set of Si seats while I was in Florida on business.
I diassembled them (seperated the back, bottom, seatrails and headrest) dropped each in a box and shipped them back to myself for about $60 through UPS, not including the cost of the boxes. Flew home and waited.
The boxes showed up, but one had a big hole gouged in the side/bottom. The seat was fine but the seat rails and bag with all the hardware fell out somewhere along the way.
Made an insurance claim...the cost of all that hardware new from the dealership exceeded the insurance value I claimed($150). So the seats were basically free. I had another seat rail so it all workedout.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
grouch said:
Sounds like you'd prefer the Forzas...go try a set on. Click the find dealer link off their website and see if they have a showroom.

On shipping seats. I bought a set of Si seats while I was in Florida on business.
I diassembled them (seperated the back, bottom, seatrails and headrest) dropped each in a box and shipped them back to myself for about $60 through UPS, not including the cost of the boxes. Flew home and waited.
The boxes showed up, but one had a big hole gouged in the side/bottom. The seat was fine but the seat rails and bag with all the hardware fell out somewhere along the way.
Made an insurance claim...the cost of all that hardware new from the dealership exceeded the insurance value I claimed($150). So the seats were basically free. I had another seat rail so it all workedout.
How much do they weigh? I'm not too worried about stuff getting broken in shipping, I usually overpack things so that doesn't happen. I was thinking about just taking the rails off so they wouldn't gouge the bottom of the box.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
I have a brand new set of these for $250 with no rails.

If someone on here buys them Ill toss in an SFI approved red 5 point harness for free.

The seats are great for the $$$, full reclining. Dont know how I would hsip them anywhere, but imopen to suggestions.

[email protected]
Are those just like the Si seats as far as holding you in place? I'd take you up on it if they were more along the lines of a racing seat. If not, you willing to part ways with just the harness?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have been looking everywhere for some aftermarket seat rails for the USDM 91 HF and cannot find anything. Does anyone know if any aftermarket seats fit the factory rails? I wanted some sidemount seats, like the buddyclub or a set of sparcos, but I cant find any seat rails for them.

I have been told that the seat rails are different for the CRX's, and that it is dependent on the locations of the factory seat belts. Anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
That's true. All 88 models, Canadian Models of all years, and 89 HFs have pillar mounted belts. Everything else (89-91 Dx/Si and 90-91 HF) have door mounted belts. The rails are visibly different... can't describe them well but if you post a pic I can tell you what it is. With aftermarket seats you will have to buy/fabricate rails for them to fit in your car. Some companies will sell them with the seats (like Corbeau).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.